doctors was a waste of time today!!!

rubyted

just had too say i went the doctors today bout my SA i have been many times and it has come to a point now were i am really fed up!!! today they said they will refer me to a psychiatrist to talk bout it but it will take about 3 months till my 1st appointment. this is worrying as i currently have no job as my sa is really holdin me back . any 1 else in this sitch ? :oops:

thequietone

I was wondering---are you seeing only a psychiatrist and not a therapist? From my experience, therapists seem to care a lot more. Psychiatrists are doctors and look at the facts, that's not to say that they don't care, they just have a different take on your issue than a therapist.

I have felt that way many times before---fed up. Especially because I want to see improvement immediately!! Unfortunately it goes up and down. It gets worse before it gets better. My problem is I put my whole hope into this doctor or whatever, and they can't wave a magic wand and make it disappear.

If you feel like you need to see someone before 3 months, maybe push your appointment up sooner. If you feel unsatisfied, and you gave it a good shot, there is no shame in switching doctors. You're paying them after all. Good luck rubyted!! :)