Do you think...

Siren

That if someone told you you were going to die tomorrow, you still wouldn't be able to talk to anyone or tell certain people things you've wanted to say to them?

I was thinking about the quote "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." and I was thinking about whether or not I'd be able to free myself from my SA even if I knew it was my last day, and the sad, depressing conclusion that I came to is: no, I don't think I would. :(

I remember thinking when I was younger and just "shy" that I would finally break free of my "shell" if I had an ultimatum like that, but now with my SA, I don't think I could.
It's so sad that SA has that much control over me.

villacjs

Good post. I remember thinking would having SA/SP stop you from say shouting out in a crowded shop that there is a fire/person with a gun/person having a heart attack, etc. I believe I would be able to do it, kind of like mind over matter. What are others' thoughts?

Siren

villacjs said:
Good post. I remember thinking would having SA/SP stop you from say shouting out in a crowded shop that there is a fire/person with a gun/person having a heart attack, etc. I believe I would be able to do it, kind of like mind over matter. What are others' thoughts?

I've thought about that before too, whether I'd be able to point out something important. I know (I hope) I would for something like a fire or a gun, where there's not much time to think, and I would just do it. But then I think about if I saw someone stealing, I probably wouldn't point it out in public. If anything, I would just tell someone in authority quietly.

But it seems the purpose of my SA is to not make a scene, so it's hard to know. Basically if I'm given any time at all to think, then I have a harder and harder time.

tool1919

Hi guys. I think it's hard to imagine how you'd actually be if you knew you were dying tomorrow. Related to this, i sometimes sort of wish that id have a really close call with death that i pull out of that 'opens my eyes', cos you always hear about those people that cheat death or miraculously recover and they now 'realise just how short life is' and can now 'enjoy every moment like its their last day'. Its makes me wonder how i could ever reach that plane of existence, and i long for that feeling of utter happiness and joy. It's like the near-death experience is the only way of reaching that level of joy and that sucks, cos we all should be able to feel that without having to almost die.

tool1919 said:
Its makes me wonder how i could ever reach that plane of existence, and i long for that feeling of utter happiness and joy. It's like the near-death experience is the only way of reaching that level of joy and that sucks, cos we all should be able to feel that without having to almost die.

I don't think people who live each day to it's fullest are full of happiness and joy. I think they suffer from depression, anxiety, etc too. But the difference is: they don't live their lives based on passing emotions. They are consistent in their goals and actions. They don't let their minds and bodies determine how they will spend their time. They realize that there are more important things than feeling good all the time.

slimjim119

I have thought about situations such as these. I'm confident I would react well in an emergency. I wouldn't have time to think about it too much. I would have to just react. That's the key for me. No anticipation. I think I would feel the same if I knew I was going to die. I'd be more open with people if I had only 24 hours to live.