Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Used to but stopped

• Total voters

nope1

Do you take depressants?

If yes, how do you feel and did it make a difference?

If you used to and then stopped, why? Why didn't you continue?

Thanks!

SilentType

Banned
I tried many antidepressants and never got any effect except strange dreams and painful heart burn. Then I found out the inhibit bone loss. Save yourself some years and some money and some doctors visits and stay away from antidepressants.

This is only my opinion. Others may have had different experiences and I am fully aware of that.

Peace

SocialRetahd

the backlash is coming.

I was on anti-depressants for a while and I wish I was never on them. They've destroyed my life forever. My personality has changed completey for the worse. I am still stuck in '01.

Fighter86

Yes I did, but only for a very short while, must have been around two weeks or a month. I can't remember what was it I took, but I discontinued them because in the initial days, it was causing me to be quite ill. I would be dizzy for much of the day and felt faint, I could hardly do much, much less go out of the house to run errands.

Another reason why I stopped was because my doctor never gave me enough prescription for it. Its like she gives me a two week supply and then I only get to see her in a month when the supply has already ran out. I've tried to get it prescribed by my local GP, but the medication was too expensive without government subsidy. I was not diagnosed with clinical depression though, my doctor prescribed me anti-depressants because she said they are a first line of treatment for SA, before trying other medications should they not work.

nope1

I've taken Cipralex for a month but I stopped. I felt as if I was happy for no reason and that my emotions were I don't know... suppressed. It's like I didn't feel like myself.

Yeah, it's been great the first week, I started to laugh, make jokes (don't know how many of that was just psychological) but maybe I'm just not to fond of medications.

prince1

I was pescribed lexpro for deppression, it made me alot more happy and i rarely get suicidal thoughts or the feeling of emptyness and lonelyness. As for my SA it has helped, but not too the point where im happy. I have a clearer mind when talking to people meaning i can easly think of something relevant to say rather than panic and blurt somthing stupid out and has also helped with my shyness blushing which played a big role in my SA. I still feel the same anxiety before the social event but in the event i feel alot more calmer, according to my doc the before anxiety should fade after awhile when i realise theres less to be worried about.

nope1

prince1 said:
I was pescribed lexpro for deppression, it made me alot more happy and i rarely get suicidal thoughts or the feeling of emptyness and lonelyness. As for my SA it has helped, but not too the point where im happy. I have a clearer mind when talking to people meaning i can easly think of something relevant to say rather than panic and blurt somthing stupid out and has also helped with my shyness blushing which played a big role in my SA. I still feel the same anxiety before the social event but in the event i feel alot more calmer, according to my doc the before anxiety should fade after awhile when i realise theres less to be worried about.

So prince1, the Med actually worked for you? For how many months or years have you took them?

I don't know if I should return on cipralex and give them a chance by taking them for 6 months. Because it's like if all the progress won't actually come from me but from the med. PLUS: they are damn expensive!

But hey, it's great to hear that lexapro helped you.

prince1

nope1 said:
prince1 said:

So prince1, the Med actually worked for you? For how many months or years have you took them?

I don't know if I should return on cipralex and give them a chance by taking them for 6 months. Because it's like if all the progress won't actually come from me but from the med. PLUS: they are damn expensive!

But hey, it's great to hear that lexapro helped you.

Well ive kinda been on lexapro twice i went on it last september for 2 weeks but stopped because i thought it was causing me headaches, ive now been taking them for 3 months. Pretty much no side effects or anything :) good stuff. I noticed my SA getting better after about a month of use. Deppression after 10 days. This stuff is worth a try, but im only saying that because i get them off nhs :p

nope1

prince1 said:
Deppression after 10 days. This stuff is worth a try, but im only saying that because i get them off nhs :p
So, the depression got better quite quickly?

Lucky you! Me, I'll have to buy them at around a price of ~$60 CAD ($56 USD) which can be quite expensive each month!

Perhaps I'll try them again...

IceLad

I've tried Prozac and Citalopram, and on the herbal side, St Johns Wort. I didn't find any of these to be of great help, and with the first two, I did have noticeable side effects.

nope1

IceLad said:
I've tried Prozac and Citalopram, and on the herbal side, St Johns Wort. I didn't find any of these to be of great help, and with the first two, I did have noticeable side effects.
For how long have you taken them? They say you might have to wait a month or even several months to sense a difference.