Do you hate it when your confidence is fake

sevenroses

Today I went to work I was all confident more chatty than ever because I took certain supplements prior to my shift. I just feel really bad because it's not like I'm always going to be confident like this every single shift and that coworkers would eventually deal with the real not so confident me.

xxaimsxx

Yeah. Ive never taken anything to make me feel like that but i hate acting confident when im not. Its soo false.

sevenroses

And it sucks how you are expected to act that confident every single time you have a shift. It sucks especially if there are new coworkers that think you are all confident.

And it sucks how you are expected to act that confident every single time you have a shift. It sucks especially if there are new coworkers that think you are all confident.

Nah, people have the right to have their good and bad days. If your anxieties cause you to have multiple bad ones, then that's nobodies business. ;3

Hannes

I believe that anything which is fake is not good, I rather find ways to make anything which I need to fake in order to feel good about myself a reality. The more you know how you want to feel the easier it becomes to find ways to make that a reality in your own life for yourself and not on the behalf of other people.

DannyO

I think it sounds great that you were so confident. Even if it was because of the supplements it was still you doing it, so you know you can be confident!

JamesAnderson20

its easy to allow yourself to pretend that its real, having said that, it is real to a degree, there is that part to you, it depends where it comes from. I don't think it'll make anything better if it isn't real, in the long term. Its real if its unconditional.

Last edited:

fearno1

I have just found out about this entire web site, and I no longer feel alone. I would have never guessed that social phobia has many sub conditions: Anxiety issues, personality problems, problems at work. Yes, I find myself becoming an on and off user of certain drug supplements to either boost my confidence, or completely numb it.

Hannes

Welcome Fearno1 and you are definately not alone. Enjoy the forum and good to hear from you.