do you frequent negative websites?

dottie

do you frequent negative websites?

i have been thinking that my web surfing habits are not good. i tend to bounce between about 10 websites and many of them are just kind of... negative. it's not that the sites themselves are negative but the comments left tend to be negative/hateful/angry/immature. the reason i keep going back is that the sites are updated often and i feel compelled to frequently check back so that i am "in the know".

i wonder about the affects of these websites on my outlook and perhaps changing my web surfing habits. these websites are actually really asinine, some of which i would be really embarrassed if people knew i frequented so much. it is comparable to junkfood. i am like a fat person who consumes a ton of junk food and turns around and complains they are fat. but i am a depressive person who frequents negative websites and i turn around and complain that i am depressed. these sites can't be having a good affect on my outlook on life but i feel an addiction at this point. perhaps the solution is to replace these websites with "happy" websites. it will be hard but maybe this shift of focus is necessary.

can anyone recommend interesting, positive (happy) websites that are updated frequently? and how about you? do you find that you frequent a few websites regularly? do they have negative undertones?

PS: i don't consider this one of those negative websites. even though there can be negativity here, this site is great for venting or exchanging ideas. kwim