Do you find...

Musicocd

that around certain people your ocd lessens, or almost completely disappears? This has never happenend to me before but this weekend I went to visit some friends and I found myself thinking...oh that tables not straight, or, I can't step on the cracks, but I didn't do anything about it and I didn't feel anxious at all. It was so bizzare, it was as if I didn't even have ocd! Could it maybe have something to do with the fact that I hadn't told them I had ocd, so maybe I sort of managed to subconciously trick myself into thinking I didn't have it? But then when I came home again it slowly began to come back and by the second day I was home I was back to normal. I thought I'd somehow cured myself!

divalou

hey;
i find this too. when im with my bf for the most part im almost completely fine! he knows all about my ocd/anxiety but for some reason around him i just feel fine! :D x

What you’re describing also happened to me. It was actually an epiphany for me in a sense. I realized that there were things that I could do that would make my obsessions go away for a period of time.

It’s great when it happens and you finally get a sense that you can do things without bringing your old friend ocd along for the ride.

Regards

Cheeseandrice

Musicocd

I posted that first post absolutely ages ago now but it's still happening! My ocd pretty much completely disappears when I'm around 2 of my friends (but they live miles away from me unfortunately).

What I was wondering was, should I tell them about my ocd? They are two of my closest friends now, and I sort of want to thank them in a way...just for being brilliant. Even though they don't know they are doing it they've helped me more than anyone else ever has. But I'm worried that if I tell them my ocd will pop up when I'm around them.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Musicocd.

de-vin

Yea around my girlfriend my OCD doesn't go away, but it does lessen enough for me to be calm...it is a strange but nice feeling...