Do you feel you cannot turn your ambitions into reality?

Zarrix

Long(ish) blog entry incoming.

Ambition is the second essence of life, the first of course is our psyche. Why is it an essence, do you say? Because without one of them, you are left with nothing. One million times zero equals nothing after all. Your psyche could be fantastic wizardry, but if there is no desire to do anything with that, the results are very dry indeed. Another example, if you buy a brand new football and you have no desire to kick it around, then the former simply goes to waste.

Why does our ambition only ooze through into the physical world, rather than blast? Remember the wall? Yes that bastard around our Psyche. The bastard that makes us appear as emotionless drones! Talking about and executing our Ambitions is considered an exposure of the psyche, which is by all contextual accounts, a terrible mistake. We cannot allow our fragile spirits to be bombarded by the wave of psychological "missiles" as this will leave our psyche in a worse state than it was before we exposed our sorry souls. The wall makes darn well sure of that.

And besides, who cares about our ambitions anyway? John Smith wouldn't give a rats about what we want to be. Besides, it would seem a bit out of character anyway, to reveal our intentions of the future? After all, we are the people that sit in the corner, we are the people with the rock as a face and we are ultimately the people that should not speak our own mind. But damn hell, that is hidden so deep beneath the battlefields of our mind, it would take years of digging just to find the rusty nugget...

The wizard with no desires will still sit on his chair all day, in the same way an old, speechless man with no dreams would. But we aren't the people with no dreams, we are the group that simply cannot get our ideas out to the world in any cohesive form. When drippings of our psyches drop on the humanic earth, it simply makes the world think, "What the hell" , they aren't going to stand up and take on the elements of a tiny droplet of gold. I think it is time to blow up that wall, for once and for... Oh wait...

Yes, we have so much we want to do, but so little is realised. It blows being like this.

slimjim119

My whole life I have been full of ambition. I never believed in giving up on my dreams. Then certain moments come when reality sets in, and I freeze. I realize some dreams are beyond my grasp. But I remember small victories along the way which give me hope. I will try to remain positive and never give up.

Oh man i feel the same way. I have so many ambitions but then again, i don't think that they will ever come true. I just don't see it happening....

that1guy

Same exact thing for me. Sometimes I think of situations in my head, and when they come into real life its like I choke. I always imagine myself talking to a girl and always have great conversations (I simulate talking to girls in my head all the time). But once it happens in real life, its always awkward.

villacjs

Some of my ambitions: more friends, girlfriend/wife, do more activities, good job. Do I see myself accomplishing any of these? At 22 I still believe I can achieve them all BUT it is going to be hard. I can see SA holding me back so much. Its the ONLY thing holding me back. I wish there was magic pill. Every day these ambitions seem more remote. I HATE SA it has ruined my life.

Zarrix

villacjs said:
Some of my ambitions: more friends, girlfriend/wife, do more activities, good job. Do I see myself accomplishing any of these? At 22 I still believe I can achieve them all BUT it is going to be hard. I can see SA holding me back so much. Its the ONLY thing holding me back. I wish there was magic pill. Every day these ambitions seem more remote. I HATE SA it has ruined my life.

I feel the same way about all the things you have mentioned. If Im in a optimistic mood, I can believe I can achieve these things. In a sad mood, I imagine myself as a 45 year old lonely dole bludger =/ . At least I am 5 years younger than you though, so I still have lots more time.

Volcano

I have epic ideas and ambition. I find myself siting here, writing this and lurking through other posts rather than do anything. Other than that people have made me feel so worthless.
I too can emulate people and situations in my head. It never goes the way it does in my head, ever. The reason is always me. I can't perform in that situation, so I am afraid to even attempt to perform in ANY situation.
I hate the people who made me this way, I would like to be there when they die just so I can laugh at them.