Do you feel as no1 likes you?

LilMissTragic

I used to feel that no one liked me, now I really dont care wether they do or not. I used to think other peoples opinions of me really counted when I was younger but now I realise that they dont. I'm not out to impress anyone, they have to take me as I am or not at all cause I aint changing for anyone.

dazz

i feel as if no one likes me, at college..i just follow everyone of my classmates around which makes me feel awkward. But when i go off on my own and they see me myself i feel even worse, wondering what there saying/thinking about me so i tend to just follow them anyway..

At home its even worse, when im sitting in my room listening to music, playing computer games, all i think about is what everyone else think about me :roll:

avid_merrion

i can relate to the college thing dazz, but its like lilmiss says it does not matter what other folk think of you its just getting that into your head and believing it, its hard.

megt

certainly

that's a feeling i get every day. and it's more than a feeling, it's a fact. people only talk to me when they want something or when they're not with anyone else. i get so many dirty looks and snobs when I go to town that i just don't bother going

Welcome megt

First of all i'd like to welcome you to the site megt and i hope you can find some valueble information and friends here. I can understand that too megt, people only really interact with me when they want something, its like your an accessory and not a human being. I too get dirty looks from people and it makes things harder, i always wonder why they look at me. Do they look at me because of the way i look?, the way i act? or is it just that i stand out from everyone else ?.

Tirta

dazz said:
i feel as if no one likes me, at college..i just follow everyone of my classmates around which makes me feel awkward. But when i go off on my own and they see me myself i feel even worse, wondering what there saying/thinking about me so i tend to just follow them anyway..

At home its even worse, when im sitting in my room listening to music, playing computer games, all i think about is what everyone else think about me :roll:

Wow, i feel the same as you do.

Crimefish

I don't really know; it's not an issue to me. I don't care whether people like me, 'cause I'm pretty indifferent towards them also. I probably have schizoid personality, if you can have that as well as SA. *shrugs*

FroggyHope

Well, I know I am not made out of gold, so I know that not everyone will like me. It is somthing that you have to accept through time.

Horatio

yeah I feel like Im unwanted and not liked

this mindset isnt caused by SP though but its due to being bullied an awful lot. Even though Im now aware of it I still cant shake it off, so no matter what I still feel unliked.

in ANY social situation I am ALWAYS convinced that the others there dont like me

yes you could say to me that I shouldnt worry what other people think, but when your sitting at home alone on new years eve wishing like anything you could have friends... thats when you realise that unless you love being alone it DOES matter what other people think to a certain extent

I dont care if everyone hates me, as long as there are a few that love me.

Horatio

Sempfy

Horatio said:
in ANY social situation I am ALWAYS convinced that the others there dont like me

Horatio

Same here.

I always feel like I stick out like a sore thumb, some loser who doesn't belong there. Sucks.

cody2468

It feels like no one likes me but I don't mind at the moment, all I want to do is sort myself out first them worry about making friends later. It is well known that not everyone you meet will like you, and the same applies to you, there are some people you take an instant dislike to, thats just the way it goes.

Ads7800

Sometimes I feel noone likes me and it really hurts, while other times a couldn't give a shit. It's always different.

Anonymous

I feel the same way.where I live it's a close country community,where everyone chips in and they are always organising social events that revolve aroung the pub.but when I go there I feel that no really likes me apart from a few family and a few people that are nice to most folk.I feel that others are negative towards me and sometimes feel that they are talking about me and don't really want me to be there.this has caused me to avoid going out on weekend nights when most of these people are there.i only tend to go out early friday evening,as i know that mostly the nice people will be there.because of this i tend to be very quiet,as if i don't think i have anything interesting to say anyway,and if i do start a conversation i talk the subject too long,get lost cause i can't concentrate (thinking all the time,which causes my mind to go blank,as i may be thinking of what to say next and when it comes time i completly foget it).this is real hard,and it gets worse the more i drink.this makes me feel like an outcast in my own community. :(

I do accept that everone won't like you and that you don't like everyone,but I guess it's hard for us SA sufferers to accept,as we have a great need to be liked/loved,so we expect everyone to like us to prove to ourselfs that we are nice guys of gals. :)

Anonymous

i always think people hate me, and that theyre out to get me and are laughing at me etc...
the reason i think that, is cos i hate myself, completely and utterly. Then people tell me that they like me and love me..but i see all my bad points and try desperately to be like how they seem to see me..then see how i fail to be that good and so hate myself even more. pretty much a nasty circle

Anonymous

I used to but not so much now, may be because my attitude to myself has changed. I still feel that very few people understand me but I am working on that too!