Do you experience Lucid Dreaming or Sleep Paralysis?

Do you experience any of these?

• Sleep Paralysis

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Lucid Dreaming

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Sleep Paralysis & Lucid Dreaming

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Depression & Sleep Paralysis

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • Depression & Lucid Dreaming

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • Depression & Sleep Paralysis & Lucid Dreaming

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 42 35.0%

• Total voters

A86

Very interesting observation. I am an advid dreamer, often enough lucid dreaming, and can be aware of whats happening concurrently in real life at the same time. Pehaps their is a link. Like someone already mentioned, the extremem self awareness probbaly does play a role.

Summoning

I have lucid dreams occasionally but most of the times are just vivid dreams.

I really enjoy that feeling of realizing I'm having a dream.

Concerning sleep paralysis, I only had it once. I didn't worry much because I was aware of what sleep paralysis was, so I just waited until I could move again (I didn't had hallucinations or anything like that).

decadent88

OMG, I have all three of them: Depression, Lucid dreaming, sleep Paralysis! Before coming to this thread I didn't actually know what I have really been having,... I tried to describe my experiences to several doctors but never quite got through making them understand....
Yesterday night I had a really bad, frightening to the core experience: I was dreaming something (I don't remember) then All of a sudden I was aware that I WAS DREAMING! I was trying to wake up constantly but couldn't as if that weird state had some kinda vice-like grip on me! I was trying to scream out of helplessness but I also felt that no sound was coming out!! Then I actually succeeded to make a groan and that sound jerked me wake! Panting, my heart racing like it had been on marathon!!
In addition to these... very often I have trouble dozing off to sleep. Just at the point while I am actually dozing off, I feel something goes off in my head, jerking me awake with heavy, thumping heartbeats. This happens several times before I actually drown into sleep. Are these panic attacks? What do you guys think?? I tried explaining this to several doctors but no one was able to decipher what it is. I had gone thru several tests (CT scan, MRI, EEG.. etc) but they all came out normal.

Last edited:

Panther

yh i lucid dream on occasions usually when ive just woke up and i kind of have another small nap but im not actually asleep and i can kind of control the dream and im aware of it and also last week i felt like i seriously had an out of body experience which i found really strange because i thought you only had them when you die but then your brought back to life so then i just thought oh its just a dream but it was just really weird has anyone else felt like theyve had an out of body experience?

Last edited: