Do you constantely beat your self up???????

Nadine333

Hi People,

I was just wondering if its just me or do others in here constantely beat themselves up. Honestly it does my F'in head in some times i lay awake traumatised by something thats happend in the day, but there only minimal things like not looking someone in the eye long enough things like that.

Am i crazy?????????????????

Nadine xxx

kattness

ahhh Negative Automatic thoughts to the max...
i have this problem, though its hard to break the attitudes towards yourself its not impossible.
Whenever u find yourself thinking badly - try to weigh it up with the good things and always question how bad the situation was really.

so yeah pretty or much what worrydoll said...infact exactly...meaning its good advice :p

allanboy

I used to just think bad of me. Then i started noticing good things. Since then, i´ve been addicted to it :D

Nowadays, when a negative mood like that come, my brain just turn the "i couldnt care less about it" and it all goes back to normal.

The_9th_passenger

I use to do that too (beating myself up) but I've been trying out what Worrydoll says and it seems to work. I don't see myself so badly since I go on with that "self-therapy". I saw that in a latin self-steem site were a psichologist tells what self-steem is and what you can do to increase it. So I actually use that method to increase my self-steem and it seems to be working pretty well. I firmly recommend you to do so.
It's just an habit. We have a bad habit to beat ourselves up so that we get depressed.

Ask yourselves that: what is being depressed good for? Is it worth to be depressed? now then... what is beating yourself up good for?

It doesn't matter how silly we act or how stupid we are... it's not about how worthwhile we are, it's all about being happy or not. If you want to be unhappy then go ahead with beating yourself up.

IceLad

Yes, I've also been very good about beating myself up in the past over making the simpest of 'mistakes'. Definitely take worrydoll's advice.

I'm also very good at it in my sleep from a physical point of view....sometimes when I get up in the morning my pillows are on the floor and the sheets have been torn off the mattress. I think I might wrestle myself in my sleep every night, and I get beaten convincingly everytime!

8)

gatsby

Yeah i used to (and still do) feel highly embarassed and stupid over certain things I did in the past - even though half the time these things were pretty small and insignificant.

You've got to tell yourself that these small things don't really matter. Ask yourself whether what you think other people think about you is what they actually feel. Logically speaking, people usually aren't too concerned with all these little things that other people do. It really helps a lot.

longlivesolitude

weee a fightclub :twisted: i wanna join it! what do you say about starting a soap-company afterwords using the members of the fight club as labour? Haha! And we can use the fat sucked out of rich fat ladys and sell it back to 'em as first class soap.

abc12345

sounds like a plan that would make a great movie maybe get ed norton and brad pitt to star in it lol :lol:

abc in 123 out

Septor

Yes i'm a expert at beating my self up.I think all of us suffer that to verying degrees.It's a part of s.a I guess.My problem is i have a lot of problem with automatic thoughts which is really hard to break.