Do we want to get better?

BreakingFree

I have read many posts where we do not cease opportunities presented to us to beat SA. We let anxiety and panick govern our actions! Why do we avoid taking the tiny steps forward? We turn down opportunities that we can use as springboards. Will we ever recognise the challenges that are presented and take it up instead of running away from it? Shutting ourselves away is not helping us, it is keeping us trapped.

I think we should step out and where we live in close proximity of each other meet and begin the process of socialization with a save group. This is what I am hoping for in my own live. For now I am battling to reach fellow SA,s but I am not giving up. I meant to change for the better and in so doing improve my social live. I am dreaming of dancing on tables :wink: :lol:

Darn, I do have my preaches hat on today!

mesc000

I like your idea of physically meeting up with other sufferers of SA. I dunno about other people, but I can't really get into talking about all my neurosis and problems caused by SA with other people. With other SA sufferers you know where you both stand and from there you take the step forward.

People do want to get better, but its tentative. One step forward and two steps backward. Sometimes you get dejected and give up for a while and then you decide you try something again. I dunno about you, but thats the way I've been dealing with it. I've tried to open myself up and to a degree I succeed and then I close up again..

mushawah

im all up for it!who r the only people that were not so anxious around?other sa.at least thats my case.but we all understand how eacother feel so we can ease up. whos with us

noblame4

I've thought about that, too. I cant remember where I read that being miserable is a kind of luxury too. During the couple of times in my life when I wasnt lonely, I kind of missed it. It's scary to lose a part of your identity.

milo001

it's not like i don't want to step up like doing intewrview,working and always going out in the public.but i'll be very scared and nervous and i always think of something bad'll happen if i do it.it's not like i want to let my SP always the same.
i like the idea of SA sufferers meet thers SA sufferers as well but we don't have a support group where we live and i don't know any peoples that suffer from SP other than me in my state.

Rodox

I would like to meet some of you guys,but I live in Japan as an immigrant I cant even find a Psychologist who speaks portuguese or english near me(I am not good at speaking japanese)much less others like me.....