Do people w/SA have more chance at peace?

Everybody looks for acceptance from others, some receive it some don't. They need it to feel better about themselves. Because of SA I've come to realize that I can't depend on others to make me feel better about myself. It's something I have to find within myself. So when, not if, I get there am I not better off than the people who will always go through life seeking strength in other people?

Reholla

hey we got a little philosopher on our hands!! haha

I definitely agree with you though. And even more, I think people with SA go thru this journey into themselves, and finding out things they didnt know. Most people, if they didnt have to, wouldnt find the time to do this. They would keep doing what theyve always done, however healthy or unhealthy their beliefs are.

We are going through something right now that most people will never have to go thru, but I think it will be so worth it in the end. We will not only be able to feel happy, but understand its importance, because we know what its like to not be.

And Ive read off some google sites about people with SA actually considering it a blessing to have gone through it. They treat themselves different, and treat others different too. Whether or not youre to the point of seeing it as a blessing depends on the person....but i think its is truly possible.

My_shrink

Absolutely true.

Most people have different degrees of problems with dealing with other
people.But their problems are not of such a magnitude that they think
there is something to "deal with" or overcome.

This will cause most people problems in life, not only the kind of people
that are on this forum.

If you can overcome a big problem of dealing with social situations you
will be better of than most people.

Being liked and accepted by other people is almost like a disease in
society, and people don't understand that it really has very little to
do with your possibillity of obtaining happiness.

Miguel

Hi,

Great analysis over there.
I think as people with SA are always concerned
about what aothers think, they are also somehow
very social in a sence...
The only way to get out of the mess is to belief it is
possible in the first place...

But when you get out of it, i do believe
we have some advantage. At least we deeply
understand how others with SA feel most of the time
and try to be empathetic towards them.