Do I need medication?

Tykira

I've been struggling with obsessive compulsive thoughts ever since I was a little girl (maybe between 5-8) and I'm 23 now and still having a hard time getting through life normally. I think most of it had to do with my emotional dependency with a toxic friend and living with an extremely toxic father, if not family growing up and now I can't seem to do most of the simple things that some people can do, like relax mentally and physically, think things through, let go of an issue when it's long past, or talk to friends. I don't know what else to do with myself. I've been keeping journals for over 10 years, but that doesn't take away the pain, I've spoken to a therapist who didn't really help me get to the root of the matter, taken some medication from the past but it either was too much or not effective. My brain is constantly hurting and in pain, I can't seem to relieve the tension inside my head no matter what I do.

Can anybody give me some advice about this issue?

starone

Try seeing a another therapist, maybe one that specializes in ocd, or seeing another doctor. I don't have ocd, but I know how it is when you can't just relax mentally. Do some research and see how benefical meds are for ocd