Do I have Social Anxiety?

vegitotwo

I'm 15 years old, I have no speech problems and i'm not afraid to speak to anyone but for some reason I just can't connect with people. Its like i'm different from everybody else. I don't know what i;m doing wrong, people always say to be yourself but what do you do when that doesn't work? It's not that bad sometimes, if i'm busy I can just forget about people and their petty thoughts and comments but sometimes it really gets to me.::(:

danstelter

It could be Asperger's or it could be just teenage awkwardness. You say that "being yourself hasn't worked." You are different from everyone else; everyone is different. But, everyone has a group in which he or she fits, and if you haven't found yours yet, that is okay, but keep looking. Being able to identify that you do not connect with is a great skill to have and it means that you will eventually find a group with whom you do connect. Keep posting your experiences as you try this out, and people on this site will be able to help you identify whether or not you actually have an anxiety disorder. At this point, it is hard to actually tell, and Asperger's seems like a very extreme diagnosis based on the small amount of information you have given.