Do I have SA?

shipost

I think I do, it started 3 years ago when I was at school. The teachers all knew I used to blush and go red when they made me read out in class, and it started stressing me out knowing they were gonna call me out. I had this for a year, the teachers would even go as far as making jokes so the class would laugh at me. In the end when I came home from school I was so tired and stressed I used to fall asleep as soon as I got in. I then started having to take days off from school because it stressed me so bad. Then I decided I am not taking it anymore and quit school, so 3 years later I have no qualifications at all.

Anyways right now when I go out, I sweat like mad in shops. If I am in a queue paying for stuff my legs start shaking and then I feel sweat running down my arms. Then I feel my heart beating fast and like needles are being stuck into my head bececause my head is so hot.

I really hate it, I want to go out and have fun but I try not to because I know I will start sweating and shaking.

I have no friends now, used to have loads until this started. I hardly ever go out, if I do its with my parents. I don't get it when I am with parents as much, I get it a bit but I try get them to talk for me in shops and pay for my stuff.

I hate being stuck in, I actually want to go out and have friends but I am to scared :( I am 18 this year, at the moment I work online doing coding and earn a living that way.... thats what I learnt in my time stuck in.

The other day I was subway, the women asked me what I wanted on it and I couldn't open my mouth and say anything. My mind just went blanc and then started sweating like mad till my mum took over and handled it for me.

Also as sad as it might sound I always dream of having a girlfriend, When I used to have one we had such good times and I don't mean having sex. I worry I won't get another because of how scared I get when seeing people.

I really hate this :evil:

Ahmed

i know a friend who has the same problem, he sweats alot in social interaction... hes on this forum, maybe not online now, maybe u can trade experinces, ... maybe that will help... his nickname on this forum is sensitive

MariahCarey

i'm really sorry to say this...but those definitely sound like sa symptoms to me. dont worry though, as it says on the homepage "you are not alone" and we'll all support u and give u advice and encouragement if u eva need it whenever u post about ur problems. xxx

shipost

yeah its horrible, its affecting me quite bad. Say somone pays me 50quid by cheque I would rather lose that 50quid and save having to go the bank :x

briden87

I understand exactly what you're talking about. Seriously, I go through exactly the same thing most times when I have to pay for something or order something. I used to work as a receptionist, and I never told anyone that part of the reason why I quit that job was because I couldn't stand trying to talk to companies, patients, etc on the phone. and I'm worried about the dating scene too. I'm just trying to find a way to cope with this on my own, without therapy or medication or anything. hopefully we'll both start feeling better soon. :)

blue

hello shipost
you know things can get better, I was like you when i left school, i quit art college because i couldnt cope with it i couldnt even wait in a bus cue i was so nervouse! im 26 now and my phobia is alot better than it used to be you just need to give your self little tasks keep thinking positive while you are in shop ques ...no one knows you, what does it matter what they think! its amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it!
im in a relationship and have 2 kids now at one point i didnt think i would ever be able to leave my bedroom!!!
I guess im just trying to say is if you dont try you will never know
sorry to ramble :wink:

jonnyC

hi shipost

Your nervousness/anxiety stems from a lack of self confidence in social situations. This very common.

I used to be extremely shy when I was a teenager and also had anxiety symptoms. This batters your self esteem and confidence.

I bet you are constantly thinking what other people think about you?

Instead of enjoying having a conversation with people you are more wrapped up in your heart rate or sweating?

Don't avoid social situations. Avoidance does not have a positive effect on your confidence, even when you hate going out. If avoid doing something, you fill your head with negatives about that. You may need therapy to talk through what it is you fear in social situations.