Do I have OCD or something else?

O

OCDreallysucks

I'm constantly fearing that I leave something important behind and I perform a bunch of weird rituals.

For example, when I get in my car and back out of a parking space I always check the parking space I just backed out of for like 2 minutes to make sure I didn't drop anything as I was getting in the car.

Another example of this is whenever I leave a room(a classroom in this example), I always stop and make sure I didn't leave anything on the desk or didn't drop anything under the desk or left anything on the chair. This constant checking makes me the last one always to leave a class and it really gets frustrating because if I don't do this, I cannot concentrate in my next class because I think I might've left something in the previous class.

Now this next thing I do is just really weird. Whenever I throw away anything in the trash, I have to make absolutely sure that whatever I threw away is definitely trash. In order to alleviate this I tend to try to avoid throwing things away, but then things get unorganized. But whenever I throw something away and if I don't check I keep thinking I might have thrown away something important.

I've come to the conclusion that all my paranoia is based on a fear of losing something valuable...but I have so many weird rituals and it pisses me off whenever I do it because I know that I don't need to check, but if I don't do it then I can't function properly.

I've only told a few people about this problem and nobody understands the situation I'm in and I'm able to socialize pretty well, but I could be better because whenever I'm talking to somebody I'm thinking about whether or not I left something behind as well. I haven't tried professional help and I don't intend to because I think this is something I can conquer on my own.

So, my question is...do I have OCD or something else? And also am I not alone with these types of anxieties? Has anyone been able to defeat these types of worries?

Any feedback would mean very much to me thanks.

matthew brownlee

cant really say too much cuz i am about to go to sleep, but i think u suffer from 2 types of ocd....... doubting, checking, and hoarding. i wanna talk more but i am seriously going to pass out. my advice is figure out if your doubts are realistic, if u think what you are about to throw away is seemingly useless- throw it away. and if you have unreasonable doubts about whether what you are going to throw away is valuable- just dismiss them. im not a doctor but im pretty sure thats vaguely what you have to do, i know i didnt answer your question but im just tryna save u some time, take it easy.