Dizzy n Dreading Work

1Dreams

Hello

I am returning to work, after being off sick with Vertigo.

I am really looking forward to returning to normal life. But I am still suffering the lingering symptoms of vertigo.

When I am out and about I sometimes feel very dizzy and as I have fainted in the past I dread fainting.

There are no meds I can take and apart from that I am generally healthy.

My anxiety levels have increased and while there was a medical reason for the dizzyness, soon there won't be, and that concerns me.

I don't want to make my life fit around my dizzy spells and fear of fainting. Part of me wants to go back to work acting like I am completely well and just ignore the symptoms. The other part is like 'what if you faint?'

How many of you have had near fainting experiences and have been left fearful of fainting?

Please do share your thoughts I could do with the support.

1Dreams

Starry

Don't let the vertigo control you!

I've had "Dizziness" (I really don't know what to call it anymore *Sigh*) Since I was 12/13, at first I just tolerated it, but with a lot of anxiety, slowly the anxiety got worse, and I developed agoraphobia because of it. I am completely housebound, because of fear over the "dizziness". I'm scared of fainting/falling/whatever because of it. And it's a vicious cycle, anxiety makes it worse, which increases my anxiety which makes it worse...

I can't offer any support, as I said, I'm completely housebound because of "dizziness" but if you can help it, do not let it take over your life.