Dizziness from trapping down on prozac.

breakthespell

So, Ive been using 40mg prozac a day for about 5 years now. I trapped down to 20mg about 3 weeks ago and now Im really dizzy when I stand up. It feels like the floor is moving under my feet. Its ok when I sit though. Ive had back pains and joint pain in my knees but most of that has passed. Are these normal reactions to trapping down? And should I go up to 40mg again?

silveraks13

Totally know the feeling!! I describe it as feeling like you are on the old school playground merry go rounds that has stopped spinning but you feel like it still is...

This is withdrawl! And it is the worst of the worst. My guess is 5 years at that dose, you dropped WAY to fast, three weeks is crazy fast! My doctor suggested to me to drop 5mg every couple of weeks and then on the third week try the new dose every other day. Example you are on 40mg.

Week 1 40mg on day and then 35mg and then back up to 40mg and then on Week 2 and 3 stay at 35mg
Week 4 35 mg one day and then 30mg

Takes some time but it beats being sick! I would suggest starting over! Go back up to your normal dose for a week. You will feel better almost immeaditatly!

It's a really scary feeling!!! But just know it just the withdrawl! Feel better!!

lonelypothead

So, Ive been using 40mg prozac a day for about 5 years now. I trapped down to 20mg about 3 weeks ago and now Im really dizzy when I stand up. It feels like the floor is moving under my feet. Its ok when I sit though. Ive had back pains and joint pain in my knees but most of that has passed. Are these normal reactions to trapping down? And should I go up to 40mg again?

When dosing down or altogether stopping an SSRI like prozac I've experienced similar symptoms. They should be less noticeable after 5-6 weeks and completely gone after a couple of months.

Serotonin syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia