Did I make the right decision?

Kathryn

So recently I got a schedule change. I am a senior in high school. I was taking 6 AP classes originally, but I got out of two. In the process, I got out of AP calculus.......my ex math teacher keeps seeing me around campus and yelling at me calling me lazy ....
so now I have no math class, and Im afraid Ill forget it by the time I get to college.....
I now only have AP composition, AP macro/micro economics, and AP american government

did I make the right decision? I feel slightly overwhelmed but at the same time I feel like I'm not doing enough to prepare for college, because I have many perks in my schedule (two free periods, journalism, aerobics, drivers ed)

thor01

What feels right to you, and won't cause too much stress is probably the right thing to do. It seems to me you had a feeling that changing the schedule was the right thing to do at this time, because you weren't comfortable, so I think you have done the right thing for you.

slimjim119

Yeah only you really know the answer to that question. What does your conscience tell you. If it was too much to handle then you made the right decision.

Anomaly

The 3 AP Classes you've stated are pretty easy. I'm not sure if you're talking about Language or Literature when you say AP Composition, but they're both fairly easy. I'm not sure if you're planning to take the AP tests, but I've taken 5 at once and it wasn't bad.

If you're worried about falling behind on the math, or forgetting it before college, maybe you could do a refresher course, or buy a book or something to get back into it over the summer. Or maybe the teacher that's been yelling at you about being lazy would be willing to give you some review material to work on on your own during the year, and that would get him/her off your back as well.

Kathryn

thanks I'm just going to stay where I am at this point. I'm a little nervous but I'm happy about the classes I already have...even though I'm not exactly "overachieving" at least i'm doing the best I can.

Noca

Banned
In the USA it doesn't matter what classes you took, it only matters what material you know, you take SAT's in order to get into college. In Canada it matters only what your mark and what classes you took in order to get into college, there is not such things as SATs here.

Livingwithoutlivin

Do whatever you need to do to get a High School Diploma, to get a college education.

PLEASE get a college education, this is the one thing you will regret for the rest of your life if you do not follow through to the end so do it!

DO IT DO IT DO IT.... and know that nothing is more important than understanding the world around you, and then contributing to it by choosing a path that allows you to contribute to it the way you want to do it.

pandamonium77

That's bullshit, your teacher should not mention anything to you at all
It's your decision... and if they don't respect it and hands out rude comments... f•ck em'
And yeah... it's really up to you - if it would be too difficult for you or would cause stress or you have too many classes or what ever, i'd say it's a good choice
but it's not up to me ;)