Diazepam

conlib

Right, in an attempt to not go back on long term medication. The doctor has given me diazepam as at this moment I feel I may only need it once every couple of months.

I do like a drink but only of a weekend and don't go mad. The question is, has anyone drank after taking 1 or 2 2mg tablets. Forgive me as I fear this has probably been asked on a number of occasions/

conlib

All medical advice is to not mix them. I'd go with that myself personally.

The problem I have is that my anxiety is mostly social. Going for a meal or a drink on occasions. I understand the medical advice. So the question is more to anyone who has mixed them :)

Remus

Staff member
I do know of quite a few who have. I've only done one or the other after seeing the states it got them into. They do not seem aware that they slur and drool.

I once overdosed on my meds (clonazepam), and a herbal anti-anxiety pill. Then i waded into the booze (beer & spirits). I'm prety sure it was the mixing of those things that caused my first & only full-blown panic attack (which lasted for several hours, right until early next morning). It was pure hell-on-earth.
But before then i had drank responsibly (and not), but the booze had NEVER done THIS to me. And i'm a very experienced drinker.

So 1) DON'T over-dose on meds, 2) EASE INTO any such changes (drinking alcohol with meds; don't just DO it one day, but GRADUALLY TEST it over time)

As you probably do, i felt that it was necessary for me to use both medication and alcohol (or at least alcohol, as that seemed to work the best for my nerves/anxiety/problems at that time)

conlib

Thanks for the advice. I have never had anything like Diazipam before. I find if I go on an evening out I will panick like mad until I get where I'm going. Once there and settled after a couple of drinks, I tend to be ok.

These are really only to help me on the odd occasion, when going for a meal for instance. I would only have a couple of glasses of wine and a few pints.

I think I will take one as a trial in the house and have a few cans to see what happens rather than taking pot luck on a night out.