Diagnosisq

monkeycrud

I'm afraid I'm already being a pain in the ass here having posted 5 or 6 posts in the first hour of joining, but because of my own struggles there are so many aspects of this problem blurting out of me. So sorry if i'm hogging!

I notice a lot of people's posts on here start with "I have never been diagnosed with OCD but..." or something similar. For my point of view, and from mine own experience, I feel because of the unusual nature of the disorder it is typically something you have to diagnose for yourself. For those people whom this problem arises they are typically overly analatyical introspective people, and as such we tend to notice that something in our behaviour is odd is going on and not natural by ourselves. The fact that we have diagnosed it for ourselves does not make it any less bonafide because we are not doctors. The way I see it, doctors will only be able to diagnose it for you if you haven't really heard of OCD and you describe the symptons to him/her. But the chances are, if you have it, you've already figured it out for yourself. If you're getting suspicious you might have it, ask a doctor, chances are you do. If it's not affecting you especially bad it's nothing to worry about, but it maybe worth stemming it before it spirals. I think everybody has aspects of this problem to a smaller or larger extent in their personality. It just depends whether or not it becomes a problem.