Diagnose me?

-hermit-

Hello, I wasn't sure where to put this so I guess here will do.

I hate psychologists / psychiatrists. I have been to a psychologist a few times which really did nothing for me. I hate how they try to "diagnose" you like it can only be one thing or another. She came to the conclusion I had mild depression even though I had not left my house in over a year on my own. I some times look around the internet and see all these problems like agoraphobia, depression, anxiety and god knows what else. I personally don't find it helpful, trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with me it would seem I am a mixture of quite a few things with no help out of the hell I created.

I can not leave my house, It's been about a year and a half since I went out on my own. Can't talk to people I don't know apart from basic hello, good bye, nodding and smiling. I can't find the energy / motivation to do any thing other than eat, sleep, shit and spend all day every day watching tv, on computer or playing PS3. Do not care about my health / hygiene and can't really show any emotion in terms of love / affection.

The past couple of weeks I have been feeling really bad. I want to escape, run away from it, from my self. I feel trapped like a prisoner in a cell of his own creation with no way out. Please help me, any one?

Jo1991

LOL, now that I wonder something how can they JUST DIAGNOSE SOMEONE. They say is chemical imbalances in the brain.....BUT IT CAN'T be proven or tested....SO HOW do they know this? THis is the sht that I don't get!!

You have agoraphobia, and social anxiety....

-hermit-

The medical definition for depression is a chemical imbalance which they can diagnose based on common symptoms and themes that affect people with it.

SilentType

Banned
Yeah if you have panic attacks that are causing you to stay inside for long periods of time you most likely have agoraphobia my friend. I'm no doctor, but I know a fellow agoraphobic when I hear their story.

Peace

-hermit-

I have never had a panic attack, only one time years ago and that was because I smoked far to much weed and thought my heart was going to explode. :D