DESPERATE

Anonymous

I'm so shy and I don't know how to change it. In elementary school I didn't make friends untill third grade. Before then I had only my best friend, which I was perfectly happy with. But in third grade we got seperated because we had a different recess so I was alone untill one day a group of girls asked me if I wanted to play tag with them and from then on until I switched schools in 6th grade I had a great group of friends and we were so happy. In 6th grade I went to a private school and I'm in 10th grade now and I am still at that school. I've been depressed ever since i left my old school because I never really made any friends at my school. I'm so shy and I feel lonely all the time. I just cant take it anymore so my parents are letting me go to a new school next year. I don't want to be alone there. I want to actually make friends. I only have 2 years left of high school and I dont want to spend the rest of it miserable. But I dont know if I even want to switch. What if it ends up being worse there. Should I take a risk or just suffer through the next 2 years. Please help. How do I make friends. PLEASE HELP!!!!

richkid

I know the feeling going to high school was daughting.
I went to a really small middle school till i was 13 ( there was 14 people in my class 8O ) but I had great friends there. I moved to a localhigh school where the classes where 30 and year was 1000 huge change.
Looking back its was difficult and yes I wish things were different.
You have to live for now,the past is the past.
Try not to think about the experience you had in other schools, talk to someone you trust, doesn't have to be your parents. Please don't just let it consume you you don't have to be overly confident or anythig like that just be happy with yourself.