Derealization

dottie

i think i have experienced this but i'm not sure... i have had feelings where i feel like the room is stretching away... almost like things are getting closer and far away at the same time... hard to describe. i'm not sure if this counts as derealization or if it is something else.

sidney

yea actually i think i use to experience that when my anxiety attacks started and i didnt know what was wrong with me, i remember feeling that i didnt belong even in my own house or how did i come to be there,sometimes its kinda outta body thing but i havent felt it in ages,thank god

AvinaKo

Oh, goodness. I was feeling a lot like that today-- only it wasn't anxiety related at all. I felt relaxed; normal. During the whole school day, yeah, I payed attention and learned a good deal but, socially, and kind of physically, I just wasn't there.

rado31

i described it here, i remeber only 3 times that happening to me.

The whole feeling i would describe like the mother nature wants to spit me/us out

When i was 18 i had one whole depersonalized day..

And recently , one time in the bed, it was really scarry...

and one time when i went for a walk this spring/summer..

Only way to cope against this is - not to cope it..It will go away..

twinkleeyes

I have depersonalization. My neurologist did a couple of EEGs on me thinking I was having seizures then he said he was a dissociative disorder--depersonalization. I feel like it's an outer body experience but the weird thing is I know that my family is my family but they seem distant to me. My mom used to get mad at me because she would ask me stuff but it was like I couldn't bring myself to answer her. I'm on the outside looking in and it scares me because I'm afraid life will get stuck like that. I know that probably sounds crazy but it's how I feel. The doctor told me it happens from anxiety/being overwhelmed. I've always thought I thought too much lol. I don't know how to stop it. My mind is constantly thinking most days making me feel insane. I know I've said this before but I am so happy I found this website. It's difficult when people don't understand and I know not everyone on here will understand me but it seems no one here (at home or even around here) understands me.

Doomed2Die

Incredible, I have never even heard of this. I can rightly say I suffer pretty bad from this, hell I used to say to some faux-pals in college "no need for drugs when I have my own brain".

At the moment no sleep makes me preeetty crazy. But now I know its not that kind of crazy xD.