Depression is the heck

jss

Hi guys,

do you believe that the depression is the heck that affects SP widely?

actually i was shy all over of my life but didn't ever lose friends or feel lonely before that day 5 years ago
that day I became extremely depressed because I lost the girl I loved

starting from this day feeling with shyness got increased so much causing more depression and the more depression causing more shyness and so on like a hell cycle
and at last i lost all of my friends and failed in study and became a home resident all the time with much more depression and feeling with lonely

last month I decided to leave my home country and start a new life in some other country
and luckily my father went for work in japan so i went to him and decided to do my best to throw down my depression

I could make it for about 3 weeks I could know some new people and start prospecting relationships I was some shy but not more than that
which this really made me happy that at last i may get out of my depression and loneliness after 5 years

till a day about one week ago I went with some new friends and with my father for dinner outside
then my father said some thing to a girl from the group made her ask me why I looks shy and if I was shy in my home country or not

actually this was the worst moment I spent in japan I felt like she fired me with a bullet
I felt with all stupid SP feelings again and couldn't reply with a single word I just was like a fool

and after coming home I was extremly depressed and spent my whole night weeping feeling that I will never overcome it

after that I didn't get better It really started to get worse

I already lost many things in my life and I am scared that I may lose every thing

I thought of going to psychologist but I am just afraid of starting a new cycle of hell that never helps
I heard about the Cognitive Behavioral Group and I read that It helped many SP people
but i don't if this group available in japan

so what to do guys?

Gloomy

I suffer from depression and social anxiety.
I had the SA long before depression. But you are right they both feed each other creating a cycle. You need to end the cycle. You could treatment for one or both. Therapy never helped me, but medication helped my depression a lot. After the med reduced my depression I have been going to therapy for SA and depression. With my depression reduced I have been able to make slow progress in therapy. The severe depression caused me to have no motivation or hope. I think you should put more focus into treating your depression first, then work on your social phobia.

jss

Gloomy said:
I suffer from depression and social anxiety.
I had the SA long before depression. But you are right they both feed each other creating a cycle. You need to end the cycle. You could treatment for one or both. Therapy never helped me, but medication helped my depression a lot. After the med reduced my depression I have been going to therapy for SA and depression. With my depression reduced I have been able to make slow progress in therapy. The severe depression caused me to have no motivation or hope. I think you should put more focus into treating your depression first, then work on your social phobia.

Well thanks your reply

I agree with you but I just don't know where to go here in Japan for help and I don't want to ask my father "please look for Cognitive Behavioral Group for me" I don't think he will even understand and even if he did he will make laugh of me

I just feel guys you are from another planet
I couldn't ever find any other SP fellow in real to help each other or to seek help

ShiJai

I'm not sure how much it will help, but have you tried searching the net?
You'ld be surprised how many gorvernment sites provide such info.
At least this way you can decide how much to share with your Dad, if any...
Best of Luck :)

ShiJai.