Deppression and SA

prince1

Just curious about who here sufferes from deppression from a result of there SA, i know pretty much 100% of my deppression is because of it. Im too restricted in life i.e i cant date, cant hang with new people and it just feels like im wasting my life now.

Foxglove

I suffer from depression, too, and I think it is a direct result of being social phobic. In the past years, my SP has gotten a lot worse, and accordingly so has the depression. My self-esteem is below zero. I used to be able to work, socialize to some degree, and not be afraid to do new things. Now all I do is stay buried alive at home and watch while the rest of the world lives their lives. I feel so inferior and like such a loser, and I am confronted on a daily basis by the extreme contrast between myself and the wives of my husband's friends, or the mothers of my son's friends. I feel like I am the only one who doesn't work, who isn't interested in fashion and shopping and gossip. They all look at me like I'm a disgusting cockroach. So yeah, I'm depressed as hell. I wish every day that I could just go to sleep an never wake up. People aren't put on this earth just to suffer.

prince1

Foxglove said:
I suffer from depression, too, and I think it is a direct result of being social phobic. In the past years, my SP has gotten a lot worse, and accordingly so has the depression. My self-esteem is below zero. I used to be able to work, socialize to some degree, and not be afraid to do new things. Now all I do is stay buried alive at home and watch while the rest of the world lives their lives. I feel so inferior and like such a loser, and I am confronted on a daily basis by the extreme contrast between myself and the wives of my husband's friends, or the mothers of my son's friends. I feel like I am the only one who doesn't work, who isn't interested in fashion and shopping and gossip. They all look at me like I'm a disgusting cockroach. So yeah, I'm depressed as hell. I wish every day that I could just go to sleep an never wake up. People aren't put on this earth just to suffer.

I often just want to not wake up, when im asleep seems to be the only time I dont feel crap. Accturally sleeping is the best part of my life, its one of the only things i look forward too.

river_bouy

I have had two bouts of depression in my life and believe they are a direct result of SP. I think in my case the best way to prevent depression is to prevent SP.