deleted

pinkputter

That would be hard...I don't have hyperhidrosis, but you do know there are treatments you can have for that right?

Do you have SA too, or just the one problem? I know they two are related, but SA is not a physical problem as much as it is a learned behavior type thing. But the other is definitely physical and can be fixed medically.

LA323

i have the same problem, i have social anxiety and its because i sweat, but unlike u, i sweat buckets from all my face and body, this has tormented me and made me so miserable, and the worse thing is that i know it wont get any better. How can i have a girlfriend if just by sitting there, in cold or hot weather, i sweat like if i just did exercise in a 100 degree weather, my life is really hell, and im always depressed, anxious, and simply as low as anyone can feel. Do to my anxiety, and the horrable sweating, i just couldnt bare not a single day more, i dropped out of high school on my junior year and now im here, a low life dropout with no future ahead, i just wanna b miserable by myself, and no one bother me, what a bitch life. Just the other day i went 2 Wal-Mart, there wasnt much line, and i was just gonna pay 1 item, i couldnt bare at least 5 minutes to pay, when i was already sweating in the middle of the line, and it wasnt even warn, the a/c was on, it was so bad, that what i did was to get out of line and leave the item, and go home soooooooooo low and depressed bcuz i couldnt even buy an item, sooooo pathetic, ohh well, thats my life, fuck it

new_sweater

In that situation, where you start sweating a lot while in line, you could ask yourself, what's the worst thing that can happen? If you get the product wet, then you're going to pay for it anyway, so they can't complain about it. They may look at you funny or whatever, but my experience is that adults will get over it quickly. They have too much on their mines to make a big deal over excessive sweating.

Once I bought ear drops at a drug store, and the cashier was worried that the bottle was leaking because the box was all wet. I told her that I was just sweating, but she still was suspicious. Finally, she just let me take it. Once I bought a sandwich on a hot, humid day from a fast food joint, and the cashier was looking at me kind of weird, which made me more nervous. Then I handed him exact change and he asked me, "what's that on your hands? Is it water?" I then apologized and said, no it's sweat. I figured I needed to tell him, because he was working with the food also, and would need to wash his hands. So I try not to use exact change anymore if my hands are sweating a lot. In fact, debit cards are accepted pretty much everywhere, so no need to worry about change.

When I was in school it was a lot worse. Younger people focus more on these things. I would sometimes sweat so much that I had a choice between making puddles on the floor and getting my clothes soaking wet.

But I should admit that even now I will avoid situations if I'm worried I will sweat a lot. These are situations where I will have to write things on paper while in front of other people. Fortunately, Drysol is working for me, so I'm just delaying these situations until my hands are dry enough. It takes time to build up confidence, but then you become confident that you can get by, and it helps keep you calm.

sadday

I'm a 21yr old female who developed HH when I was 15. I started out just sweating under my arms, then it moved to my hands and feet. Now in extremely stressful situations I will also sweat...... down there. It's not so much my butt rather my inner thighs. I absolutely hated high school and I couldn't wait to graduate. I never went to school without wearing a jacket no matter how hot it was. During the summer I had this black jacket that was really really then so I wasn't too hot when i wore it. People would ask me all the time why am I wearing a jacket when it is so hot. I would just say I am always cold. I was so happy when I graduated because I was gonna go to college where no one would know me and I could start things over again and actually make friends and I wasn't gonna let my HH stop me. Well boy was I ever wrong. I am currently in my senior year graduating May 12, 2007!!!!!! and my HH has only gotten worse since I have been in college. Life really sucks and I only leave my apartment to go to class or the grocery store.

On the note of the grocery store, where I live now many of the grocery stores have the self check out things so you scan your groceries yourself and just put the money into a machine just like you would a soda machine. And you bag your groceries yourself. I love it. So those of you having trouble in the store maybe you can find a store where they have self check out machines.

And as far as getting a job, well I just worked my first job ever this summer. I worked for one month in a vet clinic because I want to be a veterinarian one day. I was really nervous the first week but it got better. We have to wear the scrub outfits which are really big and baggy so i will wear an entire outfit under my scrubs to absorb all the sweat. And I love animals so much they actually calm my nerves and make me sweat less. Plus I barely had any interaction with the people. I just went into the treatment rooms, said hello, and scooped up there pet and took it in the back of the clinic to weigh it, get a temp, and whatever else it needed. Then I take the pet back to the treatment room and say the doctor will be with you shortly and that was it. I loved it!!!

So maybe you can find a job where you won't have to have a lot of interaction with people. Or you could leave you city by going to college. College was the only thing that got me out of my city. And in college you have a lot more freedom than in high school. You don't have to sit at the front of the class if you don't want to, lol.

hey i know how u feel with the whole butt sweat thing. I'm 15 and just walking from class to class makes me sweat in that area. it sucks because im if im talking to a girl that i wanna get to know i dont want the first impression to be me all sweaty and smelly. is there any meds for this?

sportyboy

I feel you ShayBlue

I am a 20 year old male and I suffer from sweaty hands and feet. But mostly on the feet. I live in Southern California where the warm weather doesn't help much for me =). I feel for you situation because I hate going out and worrying about the things that people are going to say or see. I just ran across this website today and I am glad I found it! Hit me up to talk any of you...