[Deleted for personal reasons]

lilmutegirl

Because for me the biggest problem isn't the social phobia itself, not at all. The guilt of not working is much bigger. But until now, I've been too afraid to work. So it was sort of a loop..

That's how I feel, too! I really want to be self-sufficient, and it kills me that I'm not to that point yet--especially since I'm 28. I feel like I should be better off by now.

Congrats, and keep up the good work!

Congratulations on your 500th post, also!! ::p:

KiaKaha

Banned
Hey thats good to hear, I think a paper route would be an ideal job, even if its not glamorous its still an honest living. Not only do you have the satisfaction of earning money but there is also minimal social contact. I used to be a postman a few years ago, and it was great. Baby steps all the way.

boro

I do freelance work and i mainly just deal with clients online (online chat, emails etc) Its pretty easy going as far as dealing with people is concerned. Though sometimes i wish i had a regular job as that would force me to deal with people face to face more often. In saying that, a paper route seems like a pretty good gig for someone with SA

DarkPhoenix

Good on you mate, maybe you could move on to van couriers after you feel a bit more comfortable being out and about? hope all goes well :)

The past 2 months I have tried many things that others suggested in terms of turning myself into working Joe (2 major things in total). I did not feel comfortable doing those things, as they required me to take a nose dive socially. The second experience was less horrid then the one before, but still, not something I'm mentally strong enough for.

I think most of the problem is that I'm doing all these things because outside sources keep saying that it's best for me. While I'm sure for some it might be, for me personally it's moving way too fast.

A few years back I would have quit the job search entirely, but this time I've decided to make more of an effort. And the first thing I'm going to do is stop listening to those suggestions of others that just end up making me feel worse about myself. My mother, grandmother and therapist keep arranging jobs at graphics design studios, small hotels and such. While I clearly stated that I was not ready for those kinds of social meetings. Not to mention that those jobs pay no less then 1 Euro per hour.

So instead I'm taking up a paper route, or something else in delivery. Even though that might involve social interaction as well sometimes, I think I'm well capable of doing that. For me that's a big step, and more importantly, it's not a TOO big a step. I'll make some money, can buy myself at least a hamburger or something once in a while, and I'll be outside amongst people.

Because for me the biggest problem isn't the social phobia itself, not at all. The guilt of not working is much bigger. But until now, I've been too afraid to work. So it was sort of a loop..

But now I'll be taking up a paper route, it's not a top career, but at least it's some kind of work. I'm very positive about this.. :3

I just hope others will be too.

Edit: Also, post number 500. Hooray!
angry-smiley-253.gif

Have you seriously considered working freelance or online? Graphic design skills of any kind are fairly marketable and I believe are quite high in demand. If you've the talent, you may want to think about it.

What you have to develop in life is your own values. If you want to listen to others and have them make your life decisions, then you will find yourself living a life you do not want. The funny thing is, people like parents who always try to order their kids around, end up criticizing you badly all the time. Its plain stupid. If you are an adult, start acting like one and take charge of your life.

Good to heard that. Still searching for a job myself. Been 5 month out of job. Keep up the great work.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you'll find something too soon. And thank you for you support. :3
----

That's how I feel, too! I really want to be self-sufficient, and it kills me that I'm not to that point yet--especially since I'm 28. I feel like I should be better off by now.

Congrats, and keep up the good work!

Congratulations on your 500th post, also!!

I'm sure you'll get there too, Lilmute. :3 Keeping a positive attitude toward improving is like half the work. You just take the time you need. ;3

And thank you for your support! ^W^
----

Oh that's great progress, Puma! Sounds like you're doing quite well. :) Congrats on moving forward. (And congrats on 500 posts!)

Thank you, Midnight! ^W^ I hope you're doing well too.
2ikshuc.jpg

----

Hey thats good to hear, I think a paper route would be an ideal job, even if its not glamorous its still an honest living. Not only do you have the satisfaction of earning money but there is also minimal social contact. I used to be a postman a few years ago, and it was great. Baby steps all the way.

Thank you for your support! :3 I never understood people's desire to have a big flashy job. The way I see it, a job is merely a way with which you pay your dept to the society you live in, and support your own life sufficiently.
----

I do freelance work and i mainly just deal with clients online (online chat, emails etc) Its pretty easy going as far as dealing with people is concerned. Though sometimes i wish i had a regular job as that would force me to deal with people face to face more often. In saying that, a paper route seems like a pretty good gig for someone with SA

I think you'll get there when you're ready, until then at least you have some kind of an income. :3
----

Good on you mate, maybe you could move on to van couriers after you feel a bit more comfortable being out and about? hope all goes well :)

Thank you! ^W^ I've actually considered courier, but the problems was that I didn't have a drivers license yet. And no money to get one, either. If this works out I might be able to work towards that. :3
----

Have you seriously considered working freelance or online? Graphic design skills of any kind are fairly marketable and I believe are quite high in demand. If you've the talent, you may want to think about it.

I have, but I'm right about below average. I've got the potential, but not the skill yet. And due to some complicated morals I don't think I'll ever be comfortable exchanging those services for profit even if they were up to standards.
----

What you have to develop in life is your own values. If you want to listen to others and have them make your life decisions, then you will find yourself living a life you do not want. The funny thing is, people like parents who always try to order their kids around, end up criticizing you badly all the time. Its plain stupid. If you are an adult, start acting like one and take charge of your life.

It's true. Right now I'm at the point of breaking free from them. Even though they try to help, they're to ones that keep me down at the moment.