DEATH is not an option, but you did choose LIFE.

savage_beagle

Hi. I notice that when some of the users of this forum are having a bad day, week, or in general, a bad life---they mention leaving this earth by means of commiting suicide or wish to never have been born. In the past, i have felt like this myself, in times when i was greatly depressed. Usually, my thinking was distorted from constant dwelling of the past. As i re-lived the past (bad experiences, bad people, failures, sadness, etc) i sunk into a deeper endless well of depression. Self pity sunk in and i thought about ending my life...even planned a few things out in my mind and arranged to take time off work and bought ''accessories'' to do the deed. Something in me told me i really wanted to live, to not give in...to realize i had to change my dark thoughts and save myself. Often, i try and read things that inspire and motivate me to live better...to enjoy the moment, to realize that our lives are so short, why not enjoy the time on earth we are given. To those of you who contemplate killing yourselves, remember...DEATH IS A PERMANENT EVENT . There is no turning back, you will not be remembered as an amazing person in the history books...you will just be quietly forgotten as time ticks away. When we die, we join millions (billions) of people who have gone before us. If you are unhappy with your situation in life, then change it. Make gradual and constant but steady improvements to areas you wish to be content with. Take some of the focus off yourself and you will open your eyes and see that they are many on this planet who truly are suffering from disease, starvation, war and poverty, brutality at the hands of others in power. Help them and in the end, you will help yourself. Many of you reading this will think negative remarks and argue that it ''can't be done'', or ''up yours'', ''i tried but i will fail'', ''not me'', and all sorts of thoughts to discourage yourself from attempting to better yourselves in life. In the end, that kind of self limiting thinking only keeps you in the same spot in life or worse. Nothing improves and you wonder why everyone seems to have it so good and why poor me is such a loser. You see, Death is not an option but you did choose life. Out of the hundreds of millions of sperm that die trying to fertilize one EGG, YOU MADE IT. So did i , your friends, neighbour, the cat, the dog, paperboy, fish, hookers, monkeys, pigs, sheep...all things living. Do whatever it takes to fix your mind and be content with who you are...accept all positive people and events in your life and know, that one day you will die and then you hopefully go onto the next journey. In the meantime, enjoy this journey..it will end soon enuff , just change your thoughts and you can change your life. As i mentioned before, i speak from my own personal struggles and i am one person with an opinion who is on a constant journey to just be happy....don't shoot the messenger....just live your life as best as your imagination will let you. :wink: :) .

savage_beagle

you are the sperm that won the race to live.

HI JINXED! you can look at it all sorts of ways=your parents (mine too), were horny and fucked. I doubt they were thinking of creating life...but, out of the millions of sperm that died, one sperm beat all the huge odds against it and fertilized one egg. Can you even imagine that??? Pretend you are a great king and you have power and control over 500 million people. You have the power to wipe out everyone except for one newborn baby who you will keep and nourish and raise he/she for your own to love . Sounds silly, no? Maybe i am confusing some.....anyone care to throw in their 2 cents and say if you agree or disagree? :?:

r0ck0ut04

I know what your saying dude death is inevitable but life is a different story, you only have one so we might as well ge the best out of it for what is worth. Im trying so hard right now to do that, live life theres on tommarow.