Day 1 with Oxybutinin

SweatinIt

Yesterday I got prescribed Oxybutinin not just help with my excessive sweating all over but to help with my having urinate frequently

So far after Only one day (took a pill yesterday evening after I got) and already today I'm past my morning/afternoon doses. I should note I'm also taking Lorazepam for anxiety and helping me sleep.

All morning I jut had a sense "freshness" myself , like I was EXTRA dry than normal "just got up" dry. I had to try on a tie and usully doing that would make me pour sweat, but nothing..bone dry. The big test was that I mowed the lawn. I have a rider and even if it' cooler like today (about 70's) or so I would still sweat if the sun was on me, usually my face or sometimes my back would get soaked.

But after doing my whole lawn I noticed a decent improvement. Not once while I mowed did I sweat. Afterwards I had some sweat beading up on my brown and upper sides of my back were a litle slick. But the small of my back upper back were pretty dry. The sweat also evaporated quicker and right now I'm sitting here feeling like I didn't do anything outside at all. Usually I'd be needing another shower.

I think was was happening before was I would sweat, and sweat a great amount and it would just build and build, and then it would never shut off and therefor never evaporate. Now, I have a feeling that when I do sweat, it will be just enough cool me down (I don't even really notice it on my skin) and once I'm cooled down it evaporates. Which correct me if I wrong, isn't that how sweating is SUPPOSED to work?

Tomorrow will be a bigger test. I have a wake to go to tomorrow, which means undeshirt, button down, dress pants and a tie. We'll see how I handle that. I'm fairly confident that I'll stay relatively dry.

*edit* It's funny that I'm on this med (also called Ditropan) because I took it years ago when I was kid and I had bladder leakage problems and if I recall I didn't have a sweating problem then, but I younger.

SweatinIt

Well yesterday was a very successful day with Oxybutinin. First I had some errands to run including going to the grocery store, pharmacy and pick something up at the music store which meant standing around talking with some buddies for a few minutes. All of which would have resulted in me sweating. Nada! It was incredible!

When I got home I had a bunch of stuff to take out of the car and again, the repeat trips would have sent me dripping. When I got in the house I had just a few tiny beads of perspiration right below my hair line above my forehead, and I only knew because I felt to see if they were there. Behind my shoulders on my back were a TINY bit slick, but only if I put my hand there and wiped it across the area. If I just touched I wouldn't feel wetness at all. Amazing! Considering it was pretty hot out yesterday, it was incredible.

Then I had to get dressed up for a wake and that meant undershirt, button down shirt buttoned all the way to my neck and tie. I didn't sweat once while getting dressed which again was a miracle. Then at the wake, I was bone dry. I think my wrists might have been ever so damp, but the cuffs were tight so that's expected. It was the first time I've ever gotten dressed up and didn't feel the need to take a shower later.

The other thing I've noticed is that cool places ACTUALLY cool me down. If it's hot out and I feel sticky, and I go into a store with A.C., I am instantly cool. Normally I'd sweat MORE being in the a.c. from the walking around.

Today's test: Mini-Golf. This is a drencher for me, but we'll see how it goes. So far I'm not worried! :)

bigchris

Sounding pretty good so far. :) I hope to soon take something like this, wondering is that another name for Avert/Robinul or is it a similar but different drug?

SweatinIt

bigchris said:
Sounding pretty good so far. :) I hope to soon take something like this, wondering is that another name for Avert/Robinul or is it a similar but different drug?

Not sure about Avert, but I believe it's the same as Robinul. In fact my doctor couldn't even find anything on Robinul, but he said that this drug goes under so many different names that chances are it's the same.

margiehope

Avert is the Canadian brand name for glycopyrrolate, Robinul the American.

Oxy isn't quite the same, but is the same broad type of drug.

Hey, whatever works!

SweatinIt

I forget what day I'm on now, but this is still working great for me. Played a gig with my band yesterday and while packing up my drums, loading them into my car, unpacking and setting up at the gig, I didn't sweat once, that would have been a drip worthy.

Even today, mowed the lawn and at the least, even on a cooler day my back would have been wet. Nada.

The effect it's having on my frequent urination is a awesome as well.