Curse of Gloom

Gloomy

The curse has struck again. Everytime I do something good for myself something bad happens to me. I've been to scared to leave my house by myself for years. Then recently when I went for a walk around the block I came back home and there was a notice on the door saying road work was going to start and it would last 5 months. I went out in my backyard after that and it started to hail. I went for another walk around the neighborhood and I had a nasty rumour started about me and I was reported to the police.

Two days ago I made a big achievement and walked to the store and bought some things. For this I recieved a very big punishment. At first on Saturday nothing happened. On Sunday something happened that made me depressed but I'm too embarrassed to say what. Then I was hit with the big punishment.

Yesterday I had a talk with my mother in which she unloaded a huge load of news on me. The place where my father is working is being closed. He has known this for a year but hehasn't looked for a new job. UPS offered him a transfer to Kentucky. They also offered to sell his house for him and if they couldn't sell it in a month they would buy the house. He is going to accept the offer for now.

My mother left my father 3 years ago but she didn't go through with the divorce. I live with my mother. My parents share custody of 2 of my younger brothers. My mother admited to me that she has been having an affair. The man wants to marry her. This wasn't a surprise to me.

So now I have no idea what will happen. I don't know if my father will take the job. I don't know which man my mother will choose if either. I don't know where my family will be living. I don't know where I will be living two months from now.

Here is a warning. Stay away from me! The curse may be contagious.

triceratops

cheer up gloomy, life wasnt supposed to be easy whatever your going though there is someone out there that is going though worse I mean that in a postive way even though it might sound negative.
Nothing can prepare u for what life is gonna throw at you u gotta keep moving forward.

Quixote

Maybe it could be the right occasion to lift yourself out of this, taking advantage of this unexpected event. What I mean to say is that perhaps circumstances can sometimes sort of force us through unpleasant but necessary change, and one can accept the challenge and see how it turns out.

I know it sounds like simple advice (simple to give, not to follow) but I am talking out of personal experience. A couple of times I was able to overcome my fears only when the situation reached a point where I didn't have any choice but to conquer them. I had to do it with the same spirit as somebody who decides to jump from a window because fire is in the room, but afterwards I had become a more experienced person and was happy about it.

I am not sure I understood the exact prospects that lie in front of you, but they don't seem very pleasant. Perhaps it could be enough to resemble fire in the room. You could also consider that after all there is not much to lose in such a situation, whatever happens. If you try to get a job and move on your own and it doesn't work you could always go back to it.

ShiJai

For what good it can offer, I say you need to remember that you're not responsible for other peoples decisions and or actions... The only thing you can control is your own.
I think Quixote has some good advice to offer. I've often been able to achieve things when given no other option, that normally would seem overwhelming. :p
Best of luck, I hope things begin to look uo soon.
ShiJai.

Septor

Gloomy your just having a run of bad luck,there no curse.You have done a lot to improve your self over the past month.Which you should be proud of.I can't say I fully understand what you are going through with the problem you have but you can't forget all the victories you have had.Evan the smallest improvement can be the biggest victory.You have gotten out even after they started the construction and even after you had that problem with that old man.That shows strength.

You have had the strength to overcome this to and like other people have said this could be blessing in disguise because it force you into necessary change.As hard has it will probably be.Keep up the hope gloomy.

jojosparkles

hehe...gloomy will kill me for sayin this...cause it ruins her reputation..haha...but she really aint that gloomy! she has a absolutely fab sense of humour and every time i talk to her she makes me smile and has me in stitches! she even gives me rainbows! lol! she really cheers me up!
i love gloomy me!

xxxxz