Curiously, now it's easier to talk to girls...

neo

Well, I've just noticed something strange... a few years ago, while I was still in high school in the worst depths of my SA i couldn't even think about talking to girls. When i talked, it was mainly with my few male friends (later found out my best friend was gay, but that's a different story... :wink: ).

Now i'm in college, doing much better in regard to SA and now it's reverse! Most of my contact is with girls! (well, it's a girl dominated college but so was high school) And I'm happier in company of girls! :D But now it's the guys i have problem talking to. Like if i'm talking to a girl and doing pretty well (for my standards) but then a guy comes and i'm all back in my shell.
I think I know why this is so, though. Back then I never really believed a girl could like me or that I could have a relationship with a girl, so I stuck with the boys. Now, I don't see the girls like 'scary' any more, I'm trying to improve my image and confidence but now i feel like every guy is a threat, a competition 8O . And I imeddiately start thinking how i'm not as athletic, or macho enough, or 'strong' enough, and how the girls can also see that. And how the guys can also see that. :(
Any thoughts?

roseycheeks

yeah, im the same.. i feel i can interact mcuh better with the opposite sex (males) than females. guys always seem to accept me whereas girls can be bitches.. i feel intimidated around them.. it's probably all just my fked up perception

i had this fked up theory that guys are easier to interacti with because i believe that, being a chick, i can always get them to like me.. it's sort of like.. i can alwyas fall back on the whole opposite sex attractio nthing, if nothing else.

whereas, when i have to interact with a chick.. i cant use my looks to attract initial attention .. rather, it becomes competition.. and i can get nervous around them.

i dunno, really hard to explain. beliefs can bo so powerful for us socialphobes.