Curettage for hyperhydrosis reviews

Chloya

Good evening,
So,I was searching for any information about this operation(curettage),but there was only a theory and few practical information,unfortunately.I'd like to know anything about curettage of armpits,to listen to some reviews.And the main question I'd like to ask-does it really helps or not?
Thanks.

DermoDav

Don't do it!!!! Risks too high- pain, bruising, infection but most of all scarring.
The logic is to scrape (curette) eccrine or sweat gland in the fat layer of skin. This is quite an old procedure, first described over a decade ago! Can be successful, but with more promising techniques like Mira Dry (I haven't used this technique as yet) the risks outweigh the benefits.

Have you tried BOTOX first? We always advise patients to go from least invasive and most cost effective, then work up...

Hope this helps.

Chloya

Thank you very much for the answer.No,I haven't tried botox cause I don't want to do it during all my life,I search for radical method.But ETS doesn't appeal to me,I'm afraid of compensatory hyperhydrosis.
But what about efficiency of curettage?Is it really a helpful method?

teandtoast

Don't do it!!!! Risks too high- pain, bruising, infection but most of all scarring.
The logic is to scrape (curette) eccrine or sweat gland in the fat layer of skin. This is quite an old procedure, first described over a decade ago! Can be successful, but with more promising techniques like Mira Dry (I haven't used this technique as yet) the risks outweigh the benefits.

Have you tried BOTOX first? We always advise patients to go from least invasive and most cost effective, then work up...

Hope this helps.

Sorry you say the risks are too high and then you give supposed risks which aren't risks at all, they are just a after effect of the operation which will go away after a while, pain / bruising...the scarring is minimal and who would care anyway of a small hole scar if it stopped the sweating. Infection is a risk but very unlikely.

Botox isnt permanent and if I could find a surgeon who did curretage I would go for it....why not it's worth a go.
Although laser sweat ablation sounds like a good op with good results at moment.

Chloya

I've heard that laser curettage is just a waste of money and standard is more effective. teandtoast,I have the problem with finding a surgeon too.Although I live in the capital there are no many surgeons who specialize in this area.