cured after 8 years. no drugs or therapy.

nicola_maire

I have suffered with depression for years. about 8 now to be accurate. started because cannabis messed with how i saw the world for so long that the habbit was created and my head kind of stayed that way! biggest regret of mine that was. i stopped because of that though, evil stuff i would rather take heroin.

I turned pretty much back to normal after about 3 years but riddled with insecurities and negative self image. This year i can say has been the worse year of my life, fell in love and got hurt badly. Lost a baby. dad died and i moved house. But all this finally out it all in perspective to be honest. Apart from my dad leaving me, the rest was a a result of me not accepting and respecting myself and bottom line...acting like a victim, like i was not in control of my own life! these things just happened to me..yeah right. I think that most depressions, not all, is a result of your mental outlook, mind and body are one not seperate. I felt like i was in a fog. crying all the time. anxious all the time. negative thoughts. scared to leave the house! and finally said to myself F*** this! enough is enough, life is short and the worst will happen wether i avoid life or not (eg my dad dying for me) so why not just experience it for better or worse.

and you know what? the fog lifted and i havent cried now for 3 days and im leaving the house with ease. its amazing. i feel better now than i have felt in 8 years and i have had 'normal' episodes in these 8 years.

I believe that depression is just like all the other disorders out there, it is a coping mechanism. It dulls your body right down so you cant experience things therefore you cant get hurt! aha! anxiety is fight or flight for protection. personality disorders are extentions of these. they all are. heal spirit and heal mind.

Once we accept who we are and the world around us for what it is and not being scared of it we are as free as we will ever be in this life.

EscapeArtist

Beautiful, so true, especially the acting like a victim part. Wow who is in a stalement in life and can say that they are not playing a victim role? Thanks Nicola and i'm excited for your future