Crippling anxiety

dannyboy65

I find when I hear a conspiracy theory or something god awful, I get crippling anxiety. I'm serious it makes me feel like time slows down, I can feel my heart beat and I can't close my eyes. I breath heavy and my mind races. I can't move and I just want it to end.

Every time I hear one of these god awful theories it does this to me. Yes I can avoid them, but only to a limit. I avoid them as good as you can and once in a while one slips out and I see it. Then I lose it and have a severe panic attack.

I can't stop thinking about it even though I know it's fake. I just have it creeping in my mind. I took my medication an hour ago I should be knocked out by now and I'm still wide awake. I can't do anything but worry, I just want it to stop.

MotherWolff

Banned
I find when I hear a conspiracy theory or something god awful, I get crippling anxiety. I'm serious it makes me feel like time slows down, I can feel my heart beat and I can't close my eyes. I breath heavy and my mind races. I can't move and I just want it to end.

Every time I hear one of these god awful theories it does this to me. Yes I can avoid them, but only to a limit. I avoid them as good as you can and once in a while one slips out and I see it. Then I lose it and have a severe panic attack.

I can't stop thinking about it even though I know it's fake. I just have it creeping in my mind. I took my medication an hour ago I should be knocked out by now and I'm still wide awake. I can't do anything but worry, I just want it to stop.

Stop looking/researching now.

You will end up in the hospital.

I recommend melatonin, kava kava or catnip, and 5HTP to help you sleep.

Put on a funny movie or peaceful music.

Just give the "rabbit hole" a rest for a while.

dannyboy65

Stop looking/researching now.

You will end up in the hospital.

I recommend melatonin, kava kava or catnip, and 5HTP to help you sleep.

Put on a funny movie or peaceful music.

Just give the "rabbit hole" a rest for a while.

I already called my life coach and he said I have nothing to worry about and he said if there ever was he'd tell me because he couldn't keep anything away from me. We talked for a good hour and he talked to me about other things and it helped but whenever we stopped talking I got anxious again.

MotherWolff

Banned
Hmmm....play some videogames, if that helps.

Think of things that make you feel positive.

Do those things instead.

andsorry

You need to change your thought process. Try listening to an annoying song. The ones that get stuck in your head. It will drive away those thoughts. Another option would be be to write those thoughts down on a piece of paper and throw it away.