Crash Modem

Anonymous

Crash your so tired of this, sick of that. Crying about how people dont like you. Hey fucker, get off your computer adn go outside. Take a walk wtf would your mom say if she saw you like that, heres what i think she would say.

"Crashmodems Mom" Damn i knew I should have gotten that abortion coverage, cus this fucker is one huge ass mistake"

Yup, kill yourself now and forget about the pain. Tell your mom that your sorry that you were borna dn just end it all man. THat goes to the rest of you who want to kill yourself. STOP TALKING ABOUT IT AND FUCKING DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

crashmodem

really.. maybe you would like to live my life for a day...

is your life so peechy too? do you have everything going for you?

fear

Make a change

Hey crash, if you spent as much time lifting wieghts as you do complaining about your life on your computer you would chicks all over you and guys wouldnt laugh at you cuz they would be scared shitless.

Flax

Hmm, not positive, but was it you who started this topic Crash Modem? Seems odd that a guest would go out of their way to say cruel things to you in a topic dedicated to you. And the person who responded after you, is that you as well? Hmm... guess I could never prove any of this.
I do think you whine a lot, but I guess everyone does at some point. I remember I was on a chat room in IRC and I was telling people how depressed I was and how I hated my life and some guy callously told me to quit whining and that I was weak-minded. I got angry at him when I got angry I felt like I proved his point. I started thinking about it and came to the conclusion that I was the one keeping myself in depression. I was always putting myself down 24/7 and staying negative all the time. I decided to remake my thought process so I don't fall into slumps as easily. Now whenever I get down and start hating things I try to stop the thoughts from arising and I tell myself over and over that it's not always going to be like this. Most of the time it works and sometimes I fail and fall into a pit. I'm glad the guy in the IRC chat room called me weak-minded that night, I know he's an asshole, but it helped me learn some things about myself.

Jess333

Wow, am I glad JThompson is not a psychologist. Wouldn't that be fucked up if you had a serious problem and went to a therapist in search of help and they told you to just fucken die?

God, hey there's a plan! Yeah, that's better than coming to websites like these in search of help.

Hey JThompson02, people come here to find help, just like you did. And we try to help each other out here. Just a guess, but your advice probably isn't going to help out very much.

Take your negative fucken attitude elsewhere holmes.

:D

Jess333

You know, my favorite artist Elliot Smith killed himself, he stopped THINKING about it and just fucken did it like you say. He had self-esteem problems and depression and decided that plunging a knife into his heart would be the best way. He will never have a chance to see the sun again or breathe fresh air or feel love again, who knows where his soul is!? He let it all beat him and gave up.

Stop telling people to kill themselves, that's awful.

Jess333

Stop letting someone elses posts get you so pissed off. Everyone has a right to be here.

Orlando

jthompson02,

I agree with Jess and Johno. I look to this website for support and encouragement. Suggesting suicide to other people just because they are talking about their feelings is not right. If you don't like Crashmodem's posts, then comment on another post. Crashmodem has every right to say what he feels.
You have every right to say what you feel too. However, I think you crossed the line when you suggested suicide. I felt what you said to Crashmodem was mean-spirited and spiteful.
If you needed someone to talk to to bounce ideas off off of, I would not tell you to kill yourself because you've had a bad week, month, year or lifetime.
What makes you so angry?

Anonymous

Hi everybody...

You all have made some very valid points, however I can feel jthompson2's frustation as well, and Crash, I am not intending any offense toward you but just trying to be objective...

Crash is continually finding fault with our suggestions and sympathy to his presumed complaints, it's like having someone sitting next to a bowl full of cherries desperately wanting to have some to eat but not wanting to pick the bowl up themself and eat them. Then someone suggests to them that they do just THAT and they respond by making excuses why they just can't do it for themself. (I might hurt my back..... etc.)

Frankly, if I don't find a solution to my problem(s) in one place, I look someplace else, yet Crash keeps coming back HERE...... for what? I can't help thinking he is so bored or frustrated that he is playing some sort of "cyber game" with all of us to see how far he can push us before we reach our limit.. and I also can't help picturing him laughing at how quickly jthompson2 did , but..... in my opinion, I don't think jthompson2 DID reach any "limit", I think he may have been attempting to get Crash to do something positive once and for all and nix the whining (reverse psycology).

Originally, I felt sorry for you Crash, but I don't anymore, I feel badly for you as I do for an alcoholic, an alcoholic that loathes themself and loathes their situation but they aren't to the point yet where they loathe themself ENOUGH to give up the "buzz"... so they continue to keeping "feeding" on it, and there is absolutely nothing we can do to help them until they really want to help themself.

What exactly IS IT you want from US Crash? It's fairly obvious we can't say anything, or certainly DO anything to rectify your situation, so what don't you just came clean and tell us what you really want or expect of us and why you keep coming here?

Jess333

Yes, I agree with you, there is a level of frustration when you're trying to help someone and they just can't see the light. But that doesn't mean, you tell them to give up and kill themselves. Sometimes, people have epiphanies, where all the sudden one day, somehow, it all starts to make sense and they start to change.

And yes, when you KNOW you suffer from something on an every day level and have been for a while, a prisoner of your own mind, you've been beaten or worse, and someone comes here who's never been beaten by their own parents, or etc comes here and says how they have it the worst, no one has it worse than they do, and that you should just try walking in their shoes for a day, at first it makes you MAD :!: But that just makes YOU feel bad and powerless to let their self pity cause you anger. So you see the situation for it is and release it as a laugh. He simply still thinks he's the only one on the planet that REALLY suffers. He needs a lot of help to see the light. Have you ever seen that picture of a baby dying of dehydration and hunger (who knows what else) that was left alone to die by it's mother? The picture actually won a fucking Nobel prize. All you see in the picture is the dying baby, the desert ground, and one vulture about a two feet away lying in wait staring at it, waiting for the chid to die so it can eat it. You know, whenever I think I've got it bad, that image seems to always remind me that I"ve got it pretty fucking good. I've got it great actually.

What I did with Crash is this, I tried everything I could to help him, he was talking about suicide before, I don't want to see anyone take their own life, it's the darkest thing anyone can do and it's a serious issue. I'm a spiritualist who believes in energies, etc, and I've been told that killing yourself brings your soul to a VERY dark place and you must stay there for a LONG time until you cycle through it and I guess get reincarnated or whatever. The painful energy you take with you, stays with you. Reguardless, it's bad. It's better to tough through life not figuring out how to get better, and keep TRYING than to give up and kill yourself.

Crash was starting to yell at my posts saying "I know that I need to change, BUT THAT"S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN". So I calmly realized that you can't forceably change anyone, so you have to release it and move to people who really want to change. Plus, Crash was pissing me off frankly. So I stoped wasting my time. I just learned to ignore his posts. If all someone wants to do is complain and not make ANY EFFORT to make their life better, than I'm not wasting my breath saying the same stuff over and over.

But, he admitted the other day that NOW he is actually trying to change and he thinks he's doing a little better and I think that's great. See?? People come around! You have to stay loyal to them and be hopeful. But youhave to realize when you're spiinning your wheels with them. And if you are, SAVE your energy.

Crash comes back here because he's finding SOMETHING that he knows he needs, just like anyone who visits here, you read tidbits of wisdom and advice that sheds more light on your recovery from depression and SA and you heal yourself bit by bit. And that is very healthy. It's called support.

Instead of being aggressive, try to be understanding. Try not to be soo affected by what others are posting here.

At least, it's what I do. Telling folks to kill themselves is not the answer.

Anonymous

You are right Jess, telling them to kill themsleves is NOT the answer, but telling him NOT to didn't seem to be working either, and I was just trying to defend jthom's approach by saying he was trying some reverse pyscology to try to turn Crash around. By "revese psychology", I mean giving in to Crash & telling him to go ahead and finish it, by making him think "Wow, nobody cares, it's up to MEto care about myself and snap out of this disorder that's taken control, it's up to ME to crawl back up out of the tunnel. I'm trying to give jthom the benefit of the doubt, and I'm hoping this was his plan.... to get Crash to finallly do something about his problems on HIS OWN... even if it took "anger" to get it done.

I too tried to help someone like Crash once, it was a 24 hour 7 day a week commitment, this person thought I was the crutch they needed to do anything and they were totally incapable of taking any steps independently and I went away for a few days and when I was able to get back on line, I found out this person would never be getting on line again, the person killed themself.

It's a natural "high" when you are able to help someone, and be that "life line" they need for existence when they are unwilling to move on their own, but don't plan on having any sort of life of your own, & plan fully on BEING THERE around the clock for crash if he won't move on his own. Because if he relapses or worse, it's going to be yourself you are going to need to be helping, encouaging and pushing back up out of the tunnel.

I won't ever let myself be in that sort of situation again, for obvious reasons... I wasn't even close to half way through my own tunnel when it all happened, and had to start back at the bottom once I got over the shock and blaming myself.

Be really careful Jess....

Jess333

You are right Jess, telling them to kill themsleves is NOT the answer, but telling him NOT to didn't seem to be working either, WRONG, HE'S MAKING PROGRESS

and I was just trying to defend jthom's approach by saying he was trying some reverse pyscology to try to turn Crash around. NO HE WASN'T, TELLING SOMEONE TO COMMIT SUICIDE IS NOT REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY, IT'S CRUEL

By "revese psychology", I KNOW WHAT REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY IS. IN MY OPINION, IT'S ALWAYS A GOOD RULE OF THUMB TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE POINT, RATHER THAN PLAYING WITH PEOPLE'S MINDS BY BEATING AROUND THE BUSH USING REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY AND EXPECTING PEOPLE TO JUST, GET IT. IT'S APPLICABLE IN CERTAIN DEGREES, BUT TELLING SOMEONE TO KILL THEMSEVLES IS NOT SOUND ADVICE. BECAUSE WOULDN'T THAT BE BAD IF YOU TRIED "REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY" AND TOLD SOMEONE THAT THEY SHOULD JUST SHUT UP AND KILL THEMSELVES, AND THEY ACTUALLY GOT SO UPSET BY THAT, THAT THEY JUST WENT AHEAD AND DID IT FEARING THAT NO ONE CARED? HM, NOT VERY EFFECTIVE IN MY VIEW.

I mean giving in to Crash & telling him to go ahead and finish it, by making him think "Wow, nobody cares, it's up to MEto care about myself and snap out of this disorder that's taken control, it's up to ME to crawl back up out of the tunnel. I'm trying to give jthom the benefit of the doubt, and I'm hoping this was his plan.... to get Crash to finallly do something about his problems on HIS OWN... even if it took "anger" to get it done.

UH, YEAH, BUT THERE ARE A FEW OTHER POSTS FROM THIS JTHOMPSON02 TELLING CRASH TO TAKE HIS OWN LIFE. MY GUESS? NOT THE BEST PLAN OF ACTION TO HELP SOMEONE. WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN IS IGNORE THIS PERSON IN NEED UNTIL THEY'RE WILLING TO CHANGE, NOT TELL THEM TO KILL THEMSELVES. YOU HAVE TO STOP HEARING THEIR WHINING UNTIL THEY'RE READY TO CHANGE. MY POINT, IF IT ISN'T EVIDENTLY CLEAR, THERE ARE OTHER CONSTRUCTIVE WAYS TO HANDLE THESE TYPES OF SITUATIONS WITHOUT TELLING SOMEONE TO KILL THEMSELVES, TRUST ME.

I too tried to help someone like Crash once, it was a 24 hour 7 day a week commitment, this person thought I was the crutch they needed to do anything and they were totally incapable of taking any steps independently and I went away for a few days and when I was able to get back on line, I found out this person would never be getting on line again, the person killed themself.

I'M SORRY TO HEAR THAT. THERE WAS NOTHING YOU COULD DO. BUT I'LL BET DOLLARS TO DONUTS THAT TELLING THAT PERSON TO KILL THEMSELVES, PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE HELPED.

It's a natural "high" when you are able to help someone, YES, IT IS VERY FULFILLING. and be that "life line" they need for existence when they are unwilling to move on their own, but don't plan on having any sort of life of your own, & plan fully on BEING THERE around the clock for crash if he won't move on his own. I DO NOT DEVOTE MY LIFE TO CRASH. IT'S OKAY, I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING. NO, I DO NOT CLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR CRASH, HE'S A GROWN BOY, AND I AM ONLY TRYING TO LEND SUPPORT. Because if he relapses or worse, it's going to be yourself you are going to need to be helping, encouaging and pushing back up out of the tunnel. NO, THANK YOU, I AM CONFIDENT IN WHAT I DO. BUT THANKS FOR THE WARNING

I won't ever let myself be in that sort of situation again, for obvious reasons... I wasn't even close to half way through my own tunnel when it all happened, and had to start back at the bottom once I got over the shock and blaming myself. I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAYING, AND I APPRECIATE LENDING YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ME, BUT I'M OKAY, REALLY.

Be really careful Jess.... UH...OK.

Orlando

Guest,

You have made some valid points. However, I think you should let jthompson speak for himself.
I do agree that in Crashmodem's posts there is typically alot of whining and they are very negative. I also do agree that Crashmodem has to make changes in his own life to things to get better.

What I disagree with jthompson is how he did it. Was it really neccessary to call Crashmodem "a fucker" or "an abortion"? Was it really all that helpful? Did he really need that to get his point across? Couldn't he just stated that he was frustrated at Crashmodem and that he didn't think Crashmodem was ever going to get better?

Second of all, when did jthompson become Crashmodem's therapist? Does jthompson feel that he is responsible/fix to heal Crashmodem? Isn't that up to Crashmodem? Aren't we all (everyone on this website) just people with SA just trying to communicate to each other?

Jthompson, Do you want to fix me if I get into a funk? Will I make you mad if I'm really really really negative and I won't listen to other people's advice. Are you going to suggest suicide to me?