Couple iontophoresis questions

Hello, quite severe HH here.

I bought an Iontophoresis device a couple of weeks ago (idrostar+) and have had some success with it so far. A surprising amount of success actually, my palms are almost sweat free. However between the fingers has been largely unaffected, particularly the bit of skin between thumb and index finger. Will this improve, but just take more time than the rest of the palm?

Secondly, I also have HH of the feet but not as bad as the hands - until now. I've been using the machine on my feet as well but with little success. Thing is since the hand sweating has dried up, the feet have gotten worse, a lot worse. If before they were 4-5/10, they're now 10/10. I'm leaving puddles on the floor and the sweating is all the way up around my ankles, it never was before.

Is this normal?

hydroman123

It should cause cessation of sweating over all areas submerged in the tap water. I generally use enough water to half cover my fingers. I've heard that sweating in other areas such as the axillae can increase but have thankfully never experienced it. Stick to your schedule and see....the sweating usually increases substantially before settling, so hopefully that'll be the case for you. Good luck.

86theHH

You may need to add solutes to your water bath. Try adding salt and baking soda together into the water bath and see if you get better results.

You said that you have severe HH and I can relate. I would soak an entire Dr Scholls insert in less than two hours and all I was doing was sitting in a chair at work and occasionally walking around in an air conditioned building. Now, after biking 5 miles, I only get a spot of sweat on the insert where the ball of my feet are.

Big difference! :perfect:

Last edited: