Could this be OCD or just me having a quirk?

nymetschick5

Hey! I'm new on here and I just wanted to find out if this awkward thing I do is slight OCD or just an odd habit. If someone is on a reality show, and the town they are from is posted, I go on mapquest and see where in the state that town is located. Sometimes I also mapquest random cities/towns from my house to see how far mileage/time wise away it is in case, for some unknown reason, I have to go there someday. It's really awkward and sometimes I don't even realize that I do it. It doesn't really affect my schoolwork or anything,

I just told my parents about it and they think it sounds like OCD. Before I told them, my mom hung this poster of the U.S with all the states and their license plates in my room. This is gonna sound odd, but I frequently count how far away each state is from another. I'm from NY, so I like will count over to say, Missouri, and i'd have to drive through 4 other states till I hit Missouri, then once I'm there, I like to count and see how many states away I am from California, which is another 4 states. It's probably the most awkward thing ever, I have NO idea where it came from. Does anyone have any advice or insight? Does it sound like OCD, or just me having a quirk?

So far thats one symptom, possibly a symptom. I wouldnt say you have OCD just by that one quirk you described. If you develop anything else then I would worry. But thus far it sounds like a quirk.

U

unsure kiddy

i really wanna no if i got it to so could someone tell me from this info...

think about death
i check lights and taps over and over
check pets cages are closed and water bottles tight over and over
read things back in books all time and reread my school work too much
check doors locked over and over