Could I have your opinion, please?

papergiraffe

I'm not sure of what I have, and I have break downs occassionally, but my parents don't want me to see anyone for it. I don't blame them.

When I'm at school, sometimes I freak out and whisper "oh god you're so ------- stupid! what the hell are you doing?" a long with a lot of other really bad names to myself whenever I do something embarassing. People are hearing it, probably thinking I'm crazy, and it makes it worse.

My parents tell me I act like a hard--- to other people and I really don't mean to. My face gets all red and I get so nervous. I'm a 'good girl' and I was the one telling my friends not to cut and do well in school, but now I've almost walked out in school a few times because of it.

What should I do? I'm sorry if I'm not being relevent to topic, I really don't know.

corrinaelizabeth

hi,it sounds like you have some of the symptoms of social phobia,if it is really unbearable,u will HAVE to talk to your parents,get them to listen,maybe even print something of the internet about sp,and show them,its not fair that you keeep suffering and i really think u should see a doc

Tryin

welcome on the site, papergiratte :wink:

well i can not tell whether you have the SP, but you definitely do have problems. im sure your parents want the best for you, but even parents can be wrong. talking to a good therapist can really help.

workingonit

It sounds like you might have social phobia. I think you should definitely do something about getting help or else it's just going to get worse. I don't have social phobia but I do have anxiety. Your parents might think it's nothing and your just going through a phase, but they probably don't know how many problems it causes, and how painful it is. Is it affecting your grades and your self esteem? If it is you should mention to your parents that it is hard for you to focus in school, when you are feeling so nervous about what you are doing and whats going on around you. I used to get nervous in school, thinking about omg what if i do something really embarissing and everyone is going to think I'm wierd. Now I realize that everyone else is just like you, there all in school trying to do stuff, and there not focusing on what your doin. Even if you did do something embarissing, its just gonna blow over and knowone is going to care about or remember it the next day. Don't put down yourself when your at school, its just going to make you feel more nervous and worse in the situation. Try to think of some positive feedback in the situation or to laugh at yourself a little for stuff. I think you should tell your parents about how your feeling, and maybe go to a social worker to get it all figured out.[/quote]