Could I be OCD?

vak

I was just thinking about some of my really weird tendencies last night so I decided to look them up. I noticed that under times of stress, and sometimes not times of stress, I develop certain tics. I thought about it and i have these things I do every now and then, since I was like 10 years old, though they have become more pronounced in time.

A few of the more pronounced are these. I click the mouse buttons very loudly sometimes and I can't seem to stop myself until it feels right to me. I also blink my eyes several times sometimes for no reason at all, and I continue to blink them usually 4-6 blinks until it feels right to me. Another one I do is I have very weird breathing patterns, where I don't feel like I should breath out until it feels right to me, it's very weird. Another, and probably one of the most embarrassing is I will open my mouth and chomp my teeth down, and I will like mid chomp until it feels right.

As a kid one of the only ones I remember doing was pushing my nails down on something solid until it just felt right to me then I could stop. I can't explain what "feel right" is, it's just what controls when I think I can stop doing it or not.

I am just curious if it's possible I could be OCD. Another thing that I don't know if it effects anything, but I take great care of my things. Like with Xbox controllers and things like that I freak out if people don't wash their hands if they are greasy or been playing outside or something like that. And I have a hard time when anyone wants to touch or mess with my things, I take GREAT care of my things and anyone else doing anything with MY things just freaks me out.

I thought about seeing a psychiatrist about this, I just wanted either a confirmation or a denial. Thanks for your time :)

Remus

Staff member
Obviously nobody here can diagnose you but it sounds pretty much like textbook OCD. If you feel it impacts heavily on your life, then see a shrink.