control freak brother

40yearoldsister

Hi

I have a control freak 42 year old brother who I am trying to manage out of my life. Last night we had an argument and he accused me of saying once that "I would turn all of his friends against him" and that i am actually doing it. He has lost friends because he has an annoying and demanding personality. And it seems he is trying to blame me. Of course I am not talking to any of his friends and have no recall of saying such a thing to him.

This is the most strange he has become and we were locked eye to eye in argument while he accused me of this. I just want to get on with my life which is pretty successful one and now without him in it. But this has scared me and I am thinking of maybe moving away to get some peace.

Any advice/opinions

40 year old sister

lacrotix

Maybe a little late, but still keep hope. He is still family after all, no matter what he did or what labels he was given (ex: Doctor says he is dyslexic). Ideally, family shouldn't be viewed as a burden. Try to sit down and talk.

Whatever you do, don't call him a freak though. I heard that overused in the wrong situations way too many times. Try "brother who doesn't see eye-to-eye with me"

Last edited: