Confused.....

dazedandconfused

Hey guys. I'm new to these forums and it looks like I've found the perfect place to talk about some of the problems I've been going through.
I'm 16, a sophomore in High School, and since the beginning of freshman year, I've been suffering from moderate axillary hyperhidrosis, or excessive underarm sweating. I know this sounds like a bullshit problem, but really, it has become a major issue in my life.
Recently, I've been looking for solutions.
A couple days ago in my local pharmacy, I came across certain-dri, a product aiming to prevent this exact problem. I immediately bought it, and started using it. The strange thing was, I didnt read the instructions lol. I just used it as a normal anti-perspirant and applied it during the day. As many of you might know, you are only supposed to apply it at night, but it worked perfectly. I didn't have any underarm wetness problems for the next 2 days when I used it as if it was a normal product.
Anyways my question is this - Why is it important you apply it at night? Is there some special cause for this?
Also...a question that I've found hard to ask someone.
When you have underarm sweat-stains (large ones), do you always smell bad (without excesive use of cologne)? And how often do you smell bad when you aren't sweating severely (and you're showering regularly)?
Those may seem extremely vague and confusing....but please try and answer them....it'd be great.

-David

dazedandconfused

It says that you are supposed to apply it at night, and shower in the morning like you normally would. It claims that it stays on the entire day even after showering.. Is there any specific reason you can't use this as a normal anti-perspirant?

dazedandconfused

Thanks a bunch guys. Now I'm not really sure, but I think I might possibly have an allergy to something in deodorants/conventional antiperspirants. Is there any way to find this out?

dazedandconfused

I don't know Harvey. I'm too afraid to stop using normal deodorant, so I guess I'll just have to see how it goes on weekends. Anyways, I really think just having a doctor test me for allergies is the best way out, but I'm too afraid to have my parents set up a test for me. Any suggestions?