Confused Racism

Shonen_Yo

Because of my anxiety, I'm often very jumpy and recieve a lot of hostility for it. But yesterday at a Zellers I heard a middle-aged obnoxious guy comment on me: "That kid is so white!". I've heard much worse things said about me, but that came off as so pathetic coming from an apparent fat white guy. I do not get a lot of sun so my skin is very white, I mean gothicallly white. The strangest part is though that I'm only half white. The guy was obviously refering to my nervousness though. I gave him a pretty mean stare and a half of smirk and I think he realized how retarded he sounded.

Anyway, I wanted to post this because I think it is a prime example of people trying to feel better about themselves.

decadeOfSA

I would have said back, "That guy is so middle aged and fat". You'd be a lot better off if you just ignored people and tried not to care about what they think. Fuck em.

savage_beagle

show class and go with the flow.

Sometimes people look for ''flaws'' in other to point out and ridicule, and the reason they do it is to elevate themselves. The fat white guy is probably unhappy with himself, and he saw somebody who was ''beneath'' him (in his mind). If you responded back with a similiar rude remark, in his mind he may think '' AHAH! what a mouthy skinny white dude, such a looser!''. Instead, show that you have class and ignore him, maybe even smile and make a small joke about how you could use a little more sunshine. Then just let it flow and go on your own way...brushing it off. When you respond with negativity you tend to believe the harsh words and feel down on yourself...so do the opposite and see what happens. It is all about your ego, and how you respond . :wink: :)