completely cured ?

epath13

I had to delete the original message because it is not applicable any longer. Even thought I thought I had social phobia, in fact, I had not. It was Asperger's after all. I may not return to this thread to respond to any further messages.

Last edited:

Remus

Staff member
cutefluffykitten said:
I know someone who used to be atheist, now they are christian , and are completely cured, and now he helps others,

I help others and I am an atheist

I do believe in the teachings of christ though (as one of the greatest philosiphers) but as for religion curing SA, maybe its like CBT because it dwells in the realms of positivity

young

you'll never actually get rid of anxiety from yourself. anxiety is in EVERYONE! how you respond to it. and live with it. is up to you.

saskman

I'm you're guy. Part 1 I've suffered with social phobia since my teens, 30 years.
Some 5 years ago I became aware of the Paxil commercials. Long story short, I tried Buspar... some success, some side effects, Paxil, more effective but more side effects and finally Manerix, better yet but again side effects that forced me to stop taking them.

Part 2 Along with the above medications I became addicted to Ritalin and benzo's and was a smoker. I was a wreck. The doctors didn't know what to do with me, I was sent for psychiatric evaluation and therapy. With options running out, I started to meditate. I had learned transcendental meditation as a teenager but discontinued the practise as time went on. It's been seven months now and I free from my Social Phobia and take no medication nor smoke. I just went to a Christmas party(office) where I would normally be the first one to the liquor line-up...I didn't have a drop.

I still can't believe the turnaround. The freedom from social anxiety is like a dream come true.

young

Septor said:
I wish i could do that :cry: .I still don't think you can get rid of all of it though.

well as long as you belive it to be present, it will be present. just waiting for the oportune time to strike.

weedle

I wen tfrom almost complete agoraphobia to life of the party after taking the highest does of paxil for about 6 months. Paxil ruined my life.....It took me from worrying soooooo much to not giving a shit at all...I started to gamble all my money away...;ost my house, lost my fiance and gained allot of wight and I was just a smiling and lauphing the whole time. BUt hey I wasn't scared.. I wasn't worried...I wasn't angry....but I was alone, fat and broke... NOw I am off it, I have somewhat of a normal life back, lost the wieght and no longer in debt but HEY HERE COMES THE F_ING SOCAILASS PHOBIA AND PANIC AGIAN>>YEAH!