Complete loss of interest.

Scars

I'm sorry you're in such a bad place right now. But at least you're somewhat interested in sharing it with us, right? :3 That's a start at least! : D

If it helps, I've been through something that sounds rather similar. All little, and big pleasures didn't seem to matter at all, everything was dull, boring and gray. Heck, I've been on the edge of suicide at least 3 times in my 19 year existence.

But it does get better. It might take a long time, or it might last just a day or two, but more often then not, it does get better. In my case I had to relearn to take appreciation in the little things again. And the only way you can do that, is taking it slow and let it build up gradually. And if it doesn't get better, you can always try talking to a professional who has dealt with depressions before.

However you feel now, you're not alone, and it's not permanent. Just take it day by day, and don't worry about the big picture more then is necessary. ~WO

Yeah... I guess I'm at least interested in a few things... but still the things that have interested and entertained me for years have been replaced by the few thoughts that occupy my head now :/

I wish someone could tell me how long it's going to take to get better... because every day I think it can't get any worse it does and I lose hope all over again... maybe then I wouldn't be so miserable. I've been seeing a LOT of professionals about this for over a year and they aren't even sure what the **** is wrong with me yet! How am I supposed to feel about that except enraged!? :mad::mad:

Edit: I'm sorry I typed this like I'm blaming you... I don't mean it like that

@Scars

That's perfectly understandable. Serious depression usually leads to disinterest in things we loved before. But if it's a small consultation, you'll learn to love those things again once your depression starts to heal.

You don't have to apologize for your phrasing, I know how frustrating and tormenting that kind of state of mind can be, I didn't see it as blaming. It is only natural to become upset when talking about something that is bothering you so much. ^W^

There's nothing really ''wrong'' with you. But the reason why nobody is giving you direct suggestions on how to help your depression, is because they don't really have any suggestions. Depressions most of the time have roots. Identifying that root is often the most difficult task in the process, because it's highly personal. Talking openly about past events and your feelings is probably the best way to identify that root. It doesn't even necessarily has to be to a psychiatrist or therapist, as long as you trust the person you're talking to.

I'm sorry that I can't help you more. :c

Last edited:

Scars

That's perfectly understandable. Serious depression usually leads to disinterest in things we loved before. But if it's a small consultation, you'll learn to love those things again once your depression starts to heal.

You don't have to apologize for your phrasing, I know how frustrating and tormenting that kind of state of mind can be, I didn't see it as blaming. It is only natural to become upset when talking about something that is bothering you so much. ^W^

There's nothing really ''wrong'' with you. But the reason why nobody is giving you direct suggestions on how to help your depression, is because they don't really have any suggestions. Depressions most of the time have roots. Identifying that root is often the most difficult task in the process, because it's highly personal. Talking openly about past events and your feelings is probably the best way to identify that root. It doesn't even necessarily has to be a psychiatrist or therapist, as long as your trust the person you're talking to.

I'm sorry that I can't help you more. :c

I usually put those little disclaimers when I talk or type to people in a somewhat angry tone since I used to have an anger problem and even after I "got over it" lifelong friends would still walk out the door because they thought something I didn't mean.

Uh. I think I found the root. :eek:
Thank you ::p:

Funny thing is therapists would always ask me every time I saw a new one what "triggered" it and I never had an answer, and they never seemed to be able to draw it out of me, but you did in a few minutes what they never could in a year... guess it was about time my miraculous luck kicked in

Last edited:
@Scars

They would, really?.. :C That's not a very friendly thing to do. I mean, the way I see it, friends should not just walk out of the because you're angry or seem angry. It's all the more of a reason to stay and provide help in fact. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discredit your friends or anything, it just sounds inappropriate to me. :/

I'm glad you could get something out of it. ^W^ I'm not sure why some therapist work the way they do. You'd think that with all their experience and knowledge about the human mind they would have learned how to talk to someone with social anxiety by now. :3

Scars

Re: @Scars

They would, really?.. :C That's not a very friendly thing to do. I mean, the way I see it, friends should not just walk out of the because you're angry or seem angry. It's all the more of a reason to stay and provide help in fact. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discredit your friends or anything, it just sounds inappropriate to me. :/

I'm glad you could get something out of it. ^W^ I'm not sure why some therapist work the way they do. You'd think that with all their experience and knowledge about the human mind they would have learned how to talk to someone with social anxiety by now. :3

Yeah, it really isn't fair... I agree with you totally that it should give them a reason to help but I haven't met a single person who thinks that way. ::(:
I know right? I guess it's much easier for me to open up on the internet than to some creepy and intimidating stranger. I know, not much different :D but whatever
I'll stop flooding your thread now ::p: