coming off medication...what happens

partyrings

i am currently on meds for my anxiety and i have been on them since january once a day everyday,i would like to come off them soon.i was wondering if anybody has come off their medication aand would like to tell me what happened,im scared to come off it and go back to the way i was,i have come on so far and i dont want that to happen!!!! as im sure you all know!!! just would like o knkow what happened to ppl when they came off their meds. good or bad id like to know so i know what to look out for and maybe what to expect.also when u came off your meds did you start takin anything else like herbel tablets or vitamins to make it easier and keep helpin your anxiety??????????? please let me know xxxxxxxxxxx

Scottish_Player

Hi partyrings, it all depends on what kind of meds you are taking and how much you have been taking? and also its not a good idea to just stop suddenly but is better to cut down gradualy, maybe even see your doc and see what he says, sorrt if iam telling you stuff you already know.

partyrings

thanks to you both!!! dont worry i would neva come off them by myself straight away!!! i know you need to do it gradualy!! i understand wot ur saying by if they r wrkin and doin good y stop id jus rather try sumthin less drastic than the meds im on like sumthing herbel or that to see if it has the same effect but i dont wana come off them to try that if im jus gona get bad again...im on citalopram and i take it once a day everyday