Comedy? Heals the Soul!

Richey

Comedy is a great way of helping us deal with our problems. It gives us a different perspective on lifes events. What sort of comedy! helps you?

I personally love UK Comedies like:

Dead Ringers
Black Adder
The Mighty Boosh
The Office
Black Books.
Alan Partdridge show.

If i am having a bad day watching some of these shows definately helps me.

Horatio

I just scored tickets to the new John Cleese show, first time he has been to New Zealand in 40 years and he happens to be coming to the small city I live in

John Cleese is not just a comedian, but also the former minister of silly walks. Aint that right Bexi :lol: He is my favourite comedian so Im pretty stoked that a couple of tickets practically landed in my hands

2 and a bit weeks to wait!

FaymeLevy

I love stand up comedy. I love Eddie Izzard, Mitch Hedbeg (*RIP*), George Carlin, Ellen DeGeneres...

Hurricane

I love Black Adder, always cracks me up, watched all episodes like a 1000 times already, they still don't bore me

Vonnie

The Office! One of my favorite shows I look forward to watching after having a bad day.

redlady

I love British comedy too. I loved wathching the Goddies and Hale and Pace - i also love Black Books and Little Britain.
I love the Simpsons and Seinfeld as well. And of course South Park!!!!

SaharaWorld

I'm probably in the minority but I don't get most British comedy, except for one.

My best comedies are

1. Friends
2. Absolutely Fabulous
3. Simpsons - especially Homer,

Bexi

O mr. Hornblower, take me with you 8O Lucky ducky!

Best comedies ever are
Alan Partridge,
Phoenix nights,
Monty P,
Fawlty towers,
Blackadder

ngerm16.jpg

Horatio

Bexi said:

Best comedies ever are
Alan Partridge,
Phoenix nights,
Monty P,
Fawlty towers,
Blackadder

ngerm16.jpg

hahaha I loved that episode of Faulty towers!!!!

Vonnie

Bexi said:

Best comedies ever are
Alan Partridge,
Phoenix nights,
Monty P,
Fawlty towers,
Blackadder

ngerm16.jpg

I forgot to mention Monty Python and Fawlty Towers, two hilarious shows that I LOVE! :lol:

I'm shocked that nobody has mentioned The League Of Gentlemen. How dare thou (i just mean the tv show though. didnt like the film that much)

leog.jpg

league_reece.jpg

papa_lazarou.gif

:lol:

sickofbeinglonely

I also enjoy a lot of comedy including most of the shows and comedians mentioned above (McShy - I'm pleased to see one of my favourites, Alexei Sayle, getting a mention!!) but I'm surprised that no one's mentioned The Young Ones and/or Bottom.

The Young Ones has always been one of my favourite comedy shows particularly since I was allowed to watch it when I was 8!! I didn't understand many of the references in the show and it wasn't until the 90s when I bought them on video that I could fully appreciate a lot of the humour (especially the socio-political stuff that Ben Elton later did a lot about as a stand up). It's still one of those shows I can keep coming back to...

I liked Bottom when it first started and still rate the first two series among my favourite comedy shows of the nineties!! (I can totally relate to Richie's frustrating situation but the storylines are so far-fetched that it doesn't leave much room for pathos.) I wasn't so keen on the third series (certainly took me a while to appreciate "Carnival", the last episode "GO A SQUAD!!") and haven't been enthralled by the stage shows but still find the earlier episodes hilarious!! :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bottom aside, I think there's also a lot that humour can do to get messages across and help people to be more open about difficult subjects. But does anyone feel that some comedians or shows push the boundaries too far?