College

mr.germs

I've been very shy my whole life and just started college this week. I'm trying to meet new people and get to know them, but I just don't know what to say to people. Most guys talk about getting drunk and getting laid all the time, but I'm not interested in that. I don't drink and I won't have sex until I'm married. On top of all that, I have ocd with cleanliness/germs. I feel like I'm the only college kid like this. I had friends back in high school so I'm not a loner, but I don't know what to do. The only time I had to meet new people was back in 1st grade and I've gone to school with the same people through 12th grade. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I've been very shy my whole life and just started college this week. I'm trying to meet new people and get to know them, but I just don't know what to say to people. Most guys talk about getting drunk and getting laid all the time, but I'm not interested in that. I don't drink and I won't have sex until I'm married. On top of all that, I have ocd with cleanliness/germs. I feel like I'm the only college kid like this. I had friends back in high school so I'm not a loner, but I don't know what to do. The only time I had to meet new people was back in 1st grade and I've gone to school with the same people through 12th grade. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Join lots of clubs and stuff, that way you'll already have something in common. I'm not a great example, but that seems like a solid way to meet people. And just kinda joke about your cleanliness, everyone has the that thing about them, and that's yours.