College...

Caseums21

Does anyone else start college this fall? If so, what major and how do you feel about going?
I signed up for physical therapist assistant but may change it to management. I got accepted already. I'm not freaking out yet but going to a large college, does make me nervous about getting lost around campus. That is the main thing I worry about. Sad, I know.

Well I am not going to college this fall, but my best friend is (She also has SA). She seems ok about it right now but I know that as summer ends and fall comes she will get really anxious. You can do it though. It probably will be really hard and scary especially for the first couple of days. Once you get that over with you'll be fine.

Good Luck

Jotun

Yea, I start college in the fall. VCU '12 I honestly can't wait to leave. I was going to be a computer science major but my grades were not good enough to get into the engineering school. I'm still undeclared right now lol. But I am leaning toward marketing and a minor in creative writing. I have a few fears about the people there; I really hate the idea of starting over but thats just life. I've been there 4 four times for school contests and crap and I at least think I can navigate Richmond.

I've been going to community college for a year now, I don't have a major declared or anything, but I am doing the "core courses" (math, English, speech, etc.) there and I plan on transferring somewhere else to get edjumacated in my chosen field.

The problem is, I don't have a chosen field. I can't decide if I want to go into computer science, or engineering, or journalism, or sound production, or what. So many choices... only one chance.

As for how it goes with S.A., it is both a curse and a blessing. On one hand, I can just go to the classes and do my work and not have to talk to anyone. But this also lets my avoidance behavior run rampant, so I have met exactly zero new people in the year I've been there.

I think that living on campus somewhere (if I can afford that) would be good because it would force me into interacting more with the other students.

Akira

I'm starting college this fall as well. I'm undeclared because I'm not really interested in anything, and I haven't really looked into my education much, so I don't really know what my options are to be honest. I'm just going because it feels like my only option. I'm not at all interested in joining the military, and staying home would just stress the entire family out, especially myself.

The university I'm going to requires freshmen under the age of 20 to live on-campus, which I'm thinking is a good thing right now since I'll finally be able to take a step forward in life without having to worry about supporting myself (I'm fortunate enough to have a father willing to pay for all of my college expenses). I might change my mind once I'm actually living in a tiny room with someone else, sharing a bathroom with two others, but it could have been worse. I could have gotten a residence hall with community bathrooms on each floor, which would have been horrible for me. Anyways, my life has been the same for years now: not too bad, not too good. Just boring for the most part. For better or for worse, I'm looking forward to experiencing something new in my life for once. The only thing that worries me right now is my roommate. I can only hope he won't be too bad. Other than that, I haven't given it much thought.