cognitive behavior therapy

bilal

hi i want to ask is CBT is helpful for me i complain of some days of intense social and generalized anxiety disorders while in other day i feel relax and do well
i really hate myself in that bad days ( i take previously prozac "fluoxetine" and happy with it but i dont use it now because im afraid of impotance and what is called post ssri sexual dysfunction
so any advice for me

Nanita

Many people find CBT helpful. Where I live, it is the standard type of therapy offered to treat anxiety and disorders in general.

CBT doesn´t do it for me personally, though. I find it superficial and simplistic. For one thing, it doesn´t deal with childhood/family issues, which is something I´m currently working on in therapy. The therapy I am in now, is Dynamic Psychotherapy with elements from different psychotherapeutic traditions.

You could give CBT a try to see if it helps .

Last edited:

Zackarydoo

I have been pushed into giving CBT a try. I don't want to because the issues I have are embarrassing things that I won't talk about with any councillor, as I know I won't be understood. The counselling hasn't started yet and I don't know what I'm going to do when the first date comes through.

Not much help to the OP, I know.